- Fred Stiening said Kim Komando gives advice on how to use digital assistants (Alexa, Siri, Google Home) to listen to radio https://www.komando.com/tips/560001/get-radio-broadcasts-on-alexa-siri-and-google-home
- Fred Stiening said Tupelo MS based American Family Radio seems to have dropped their religious music programming, replacing it with a “hybrid” lineup of mostly prerecorded teaching. AFR was founded by legen...
- Fred Stiening said Partly because of spending more time here and partly with help from the FCC and indirectly from ootunes, there are about 400 more streaming stations in the directory in the last week, bringing the tot...
- Fred Stiening said Howard Stern is retiring when his contract ends. Baba Booey!
- CC1s121LrBGT said I know antennas very well. If you have no interference on that frequency and no powerful very local AM stations, you may wish to run a very long wire from where you normally have the radio toward the...
- Parrott said God, culmulus made mess of these radio stations. Screwing up their formats, firing local hosts left and right. They did this everywhere they went. Anyway we can blame the ‘clintons’...
- Parrott said Ditto , CC, I like to search by call letters also. Its a little harder here now, but still can be done. I do click through the links from time to time. Maybe we’re saving AM radio ?...
- Fred Stiening said Cumulus just dumped KLOS-FM in Los Angeles, another of the Crown Jewels from ABC Radio. The buyer is probably switching to Spanish language programming. KLOS-FM was originally KABC-FM. Citadel Broa...
- Fred Stiening said I had a woman write me once (probably 10 years ago) who was frantically trying to find out what happened to her ad spend. I gently told her the station was reported to the FCC as being shut down and...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Here, here! (as they say in the UK Parliament). I agree with that 100%, JayMar. Fred had long been publishing statistics that imply how useful or not useful the site is, and I was never in any of the...
- TheJerseyDevil said Speaking of revenue, here’s a stunning case of alleged radio billing fraud: https://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/185663/cbc-report-radio-station-sold-ads-while-not-on-the
- JayMar said Actually old foggies like me will never use Alexa. I think your format is wonderful. I, a political junkie, enjoy coming here for the blog and comments. A few years ago I bought an internet radio and...
- Parrott said cool, glad you like the WEEB. They have ‘custom made commercials for local businesses. WEBY does that, and WAAM in Ann Arbor. Interesting part, last week, on WAAM, they had a commercial...
- TheChairman said The first comment (by ‘Wine Correspondent’) on that article sums it up perfectly. i.e. Billboard is merely counting the number of ‘listens’, not sales or subscribers. It̵...
- Fred Stiening said A little more background on how people manipulate Billboard https://ultimateclassicrock.com/beatles-most-songs-billboard-hot-100/
- The Changing Radio Audience
- Rap – the new “Country” music
- Would you buy stock in a “new” iHeartRadio?
- The end of WBT-AM
- Creeping censorship
- Bruce Williams has died
- The Green Great Leap Forward
- Entercom, the 900 pound gorilla
- System rollback
- Cumulus bails on New York City
- How Doc Thompson was killed by a quiet zone
- Google neutrality?
- The New Edge
- IHeart/Clear Channel bankruptcy gets final signoff
- State of the Union
- The Nordic Gender Paradox
- Inside Public Radio
- More money for bike trails
- Bird Box Challenge
- New Year brings New Changes
- California high speed rail update
- Tom Taylor to retire at 70
- This may be final post
- Health update
- Weekly Standard to fold?
- More year-end syndication changes
- NBC Sports radio to end most daytime syndication
- Miami Herald unloads on Jeffrey Epstein
- Censoring critics of censorship
- Laura Ingraham and Medved leaving talk radio
- Who are the fascists?
- Old Charlotte
- The reality of racial fear
- The bombs were fake
- Santa Trump is coming to town
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Category Archives: Bernie Sanders
You may know and/or remember that I voted in the Democratitic primary for Bernie Sanders as part of operation chaos. Not surprisingly, the volume of 20th century mailers made from dead trees has zoomed up. The Christopher McPherson wrote this … Continue reading
Welcome to the new normal. The other day, Milo used the word queef in his podcast, a term that I’m proud to say I arrived at 60 years old without knowing the meaning of. Please excuse the dangling participle. Donald … Continue reading
Rhymes with “Barack Obama made me rich!” Politico Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte attracted the ire of the Chicago Community Organizer with his policy of executing drug dealers. There have been about 2,000 “extrajudicial executions” since July 1st. The Phillipines is … Continue reading
The best battle plan rarely survives first contact with the enemy The Convention will be gaveled to order at 4 PM Eastern Time. That start time was pushed back because of the need for unexpected meetings. Debbie Wasserman Schultz has … Continue reading
Crooked Hillary Clinton announced her VP choice on Friday, a useful strategy to get no news attention. She will have the official presentation to the world on Saturday. So far, she has used her right to remain silent in her … Continue reading
Jane Sanders’ first husband was transferred to Essex Junction Vermont by IBM (I’ve been moved). IBM had a research lab and electronics fabrication plant there – it is the largest private employer in Vermont. A year ago, IBM unloaded the … Continue reading
A little trouble in Nevada over the weekend Psst… Operation Chaos
The focus is now turning to the electoral “college” vote – to win in November, a candidate needs 270 of the 538 electoral votes. Refining my estimates, I’ve applied the latest nationwide polls where there is not a state one … Continue reading
Stanford University talk Not that anyone cares what beaner thinks
Al Jazeera editorial Al Jazeera, the Qatar funded Arab news service that Hillary Clinton described in 2011 as Real News Says Muslim Americans would vote for Bernie Sanders even if he wasn’t Jewish Everyone is on board now!