- Fred Stiening said Wow, way to take a knee, ESPN I started going through the list of sports radio stations, and ESPN affiliates are dropping like flies. Now I understand the pressure from above for the ESPN sports hosts...
- Fred Stiening said Back in the day, the motivation was you had a whole bunch of patronage workers who earned very generous pensions – but increasingly systems like E-ZPass are getting rid of the bulk of those kind...
- Fred Stiening said I just revisited every conservative talk radio station, and along the way it became apparent just how pervasive the “saving AM radio” FM translators have become. My guesstimate is 85% of...
- Fred Stiening said I finally have been in contact with somebody from the HD radio service, and they hope to offer me a list of the HD channels that I can incorporate into the database in the website. Radio Disney quietl...
- Fred Stiening said Someone is chicken https://www.nrn.com/quick-service/church-s-chicken-reportedly-exploring-sale
- CC1s121LrBGT said Why do Dems want to build only toll roads? The answer is the same, they want your money so they can spend it rather than you. What will they spend it on? Buying votes. BTW- The Dem’s didnR...
- CC1s121LrBGT said The first article says, “ESPN is closing it this fall, instead emphasizing podcasts and TV content from ESPN Deportes.” I think that is the bigger story. Moving to stream on demand, no nee...
- briand75 said I am mystified as to why Dems keep attacking the heart of American success. The same moment Bernie says “free healthcare for all” the details on the page say “raise taxes on the rich...
- Fred Stiening said WMAL-AM is switching to ESPN on July 1st. Now that Cumulus has sold the land underneath the transmitter, no reason to pretend they’re interested in keeping the station going. The conservati...
- Fred Stiening said Neither of the “oil tankers” damaged today in the Gulf of Tonkin… errr…. Oman was carrying oil. One was carrying methanol and the other naphtha
- Fred Stiening said The creator of Pepe The Frog settled his lawsuit against Alex Jones for $15,000, probably less than the attorney fees. The copyright was filed after Jones made his profit, so the recovery was only f...
- Fred Stiening said Proof of global climate change!
- Fred Stiening said Apparently that guy in that station have gotten buzz on social media, which is the only logical reason the guardian would even be aware the station exists. Adding YouTube video to post…
- TheChairman said Well, Willcox AZ isn’t exactly a good benchmark… it’s remote, sparse, and odd. A better location would be Benson/Tombstone; big army base in Ft Huachuca. We heard plenty of AM stati...
- TheChairman said I know it’s only 57 here in northern Michigan. Coldest June I can recall… we’ve had the heat on almost every day since our return. Even the Yoopers are cold.
- No mas! ESPN Deportes closing
- How to make a small fortune in radio…
- The death of America’s rural radio, according to the Guardian(.UK)
- Breaking up is hard to do
- June knows heat
- ¿Hablas Cumulus?
- Mother, MAY I?
- The Problem with Flint, Michigan
- In the radio news…
- Sri Lanka
- The Changing Radio Audience
- Rap – the new “Country” music
- Would you buy stock in a “new” iHeartRadio?
- The end of WBT-AM
- Creeping censorship
- Bruce Williams has died
- The Green Great Leap Forward
- Entercom, the 900 pound gorilla
- System rollback
- Cumulus bails on New York City
- How Doc Thompson was killed by a quiet zone
- Google neutrality?
- The New Edge
- IHeart/Clear Channel bankruptcy gets final signoff
- State of the Union
- The Nordic Gender Paradox
- Inside Public Radio
- More money for bike trails
- Bird Box Challenge
- New Year brings New Changes
- California high speed rail update
- Tom Taylor to retire at 70
- This may be final post
- Health update
- Weekly Standard to fold?
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Category Archives: Libtertarian Politics
Wikipedia http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/07/nyregion/nat-hentoff-dead.html (May require subscription) I’m not quite sure why I have the impression I’ve heard him on radio. He is one of a vanishing breed – people who think about issues, not just everything is the view of his … Continue reading
The past couple weeks, I have used Uber in Charlotte (NC) and yesterday in Greensboro. I now see a very real possibility of getting rid of my automobile (less than 2000 miles on it last year). It seems like a … Continue reading
Well, there are people who still have a functioning brain willing to resist peer pressure. National Post – “we” are not Charlie hebdo Rex Murphy is one brave man. He is willing to point out that the same people swooning … Continue reading
Donald Trump protege Andy Dean left his nationally syndicated Radio show to start up a podcasting service. According to the Atlanta Journal and Constitution (owned by Cox Media, the owner of WSB-AM in Atlanta, where Boortz’s show was produced), Neal … Continue reading
The third and final film of Ayn Rand’s book “Atlas Shrugged” opens this weekend. Keep an eye out for former radio host Rusty Humphries. If you go, be careful not to aim your cellphone toward the screen, or face felony … Continue reading
Rand Paul stuck his neck way out in Detroit. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-12-06/paul-pitches-flat-tax-immigrant-influx-as-remedies-for-detroit.html http://dailycaller.com/2013/12/04/how-rand-paul-thinks-he-can-save-detroit/ He thinks the solution to Detroit’s problems is to encourage immigrants with $50k in assets to move there, something I’ve written about a couple times. 20,000 Japanese in Detroit … Continue reading
http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-11-20/to-spare-baby-boomer-wrists-vancouver-bans-the-venerable-doorknob I might have gone along if the thought was to prevent virus transmission by making it possible to open a door by using your elbows – but the reason is concern that baby boomers may not be able to … Continue reading
http://www.freep.com/article/20131120/NEWS15/311200098/Rep-Trey-Radel-busted-in-cocaine-sting Trey Radel used to be a radio host on WFSX-FM in the Ft Myers area of Florida. The police had busted a low level drug dealer who in turn set up the sale. Trey Radel was elected to Congress … Continue reading
Normally I’m dismissive of “person on the street” videos trying to portray that most people hold a point of view, since they’ll edit out the people not saying what the person creating the video want people to believe is the … Continue reading
Reason.com is the web site of the Libertarian Reason magazine. The comments section – unlike any other web site I can think of – are so much fun to read http://reason.com/blog/2013/03/28/wal-marts-proposed-customer-assisted-del Is typical – it’s a story about Walmart toying … Continue reading