- Fred Stiening said A local update on Emmie https://www.ibj.com/articles/after-years-of-pruning-emmis-ready-for-reinvention
- Fred Stiening said So one of ESPN’s hosts named Dan le Batard decided that he was going to defy his bosses at Disney and go into a screed about what a racist President Donald Trump is. Mr. Le batard spent 16 years...
- Fred Stiening said I am not sure of the legalisms here, but I am finding FM translators being promoted on the website of the primary station, when the FCC status shows it’s still a construction permit. For exampl...
- Fred Stiening said The customer who was shot is now well enough to talk to the TV station https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/customer-injured-in-steak-n-shake-shooting-said-employee-killed-was-the-hero/967926745 He was n...
- Fred Stiening said One of his past ventures is called VeggieTales, an animated series of anthropomorphized vegetables who spread the love of Jesus https://www.veggietales.com/
- Fred Stiening said So IHRT is now on sale. NASDAQ allowed them to register for direct trading, rather than launching an IPO. This means the sellers at the moment are the lender who received the stock as part of the bank...
- Fred Stiening said Washington Times Wesley Pruden has died https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/jul/17/wes-pruden-washington-times-editor-and-columnist-d/ So has former supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens. The...
- Fred Stiening said Poll flashback on wafel https://streamingradioguide.com/show-poll.php?pollnum=1262
- CC1s121LrBGT said I have actually listened to WAPS off and on for about 15 years. It is very professionally run, better than most NPR stations. It has music I like and no commercials. I dropped it from my favorites li...
- Fred Stiening said Thursday is the 50th anniversary of Ted Kennedy’s stupidity costing him any chances of becoming president some day https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/scott-whitlock/2019/07/10/50-years-chappaq...
- Fred Stiening said Given that my list is 20 years old oh, I thought it might be a good idea to update the market sizes. I went to the official Nielsen list, and realize there’s a major piece of deception going on....
- Fred Stiening said In case you were wondering, the arch is made from elk antlers
- Fred Stiening said The latest homicides involve three men with Hispanic names found shot in an apartment complex, two of whom were dead when police arrived. This part of Charlotte is the part where the working class wh...
- Fred Stiening said Seriously, why does a high school need a radio station with a $1.6 million dollar budget? https://www.ohio.com/news/20190715/akron-schools-public-radio-station-could-be-model-for-columbus-operations-s...
- Fred Stiening said The backstory https://www.christianitytoday.com/news/2018/january/moody-bible-president-paul-nyquist-resigns-julie-roys-fired.html
- EMF has a new leader
- Searching for McGouda
- Iconic heritage AM station fades away
- Amazon Prime Day
- Live from Jackson Hole, Wyoming
- Revision to metro areas
- Buh-buy Mapleton
- Station Search – new and improved
- The month for grilling
- Cox sells its radio division to early SiriusXM investor
- You are worth $67 per year to radio
- The FX explosion
- No mas! ESPN Deportes closing
- How to make a small fortune in radio…
- The death of America’s rural radio, according to the Guardian(.UK)
- Breaking up is hard to do
- June knows heat
- ¿Hablas Cumulus?
- Mother, MAY I?
- The Problem with Flint, Michigan
- In the radio news…
- Sri Lanka
- The Changing Radio Audience
- Rap – the new “Country” music
- Would you buy stock in a “new” iHeartRadio?
- The end of WBT-AM
- Creeping censorship
- Bruce Williams has died
- The Green Great Leap Forward
- Entercom, the 900 pound gorilla
- System rollback
- Cumulus bails on New York City
- How Doc Thompson was killed by a quiet zone
- Google neutrality?
- The New Edge
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Category Archives: Free Speech
Wikipedia http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/07/nyregion/nat-hentoff-dead.html (May require subscription) I’m not quite sure why I have the impression I’ve heard him on radio. He is one of a vanishing breed – people who think about issues, not just everything is the view of his … Continue reading
Milo was at UCLA today. I’m not saying it was related to the shootings, I’m not saying it was not. He came to prominence during the Gamergate controversy and now works for Breitbart. Context Result
For those who have been here a long time, a major reason for my reducing the website the first time was the threat of government intervention requiring websites to honor “do not track” settings. You have probably noticed many websites … Continue reading
Well, there are people who still have a functioning brain willing to resist peer pressure. National Post – “we” are not Charlie hebdo Rex Murphy is one brave man. He is willing to point out that the same people swooning … Continue reading
Imagine that you’re driving down a residential street – and when you stop at a stop sign, a person in a car labeled “official government business” pulls you over. They walk up to your window and I announce – “hello, … Continue reading
SiriusXM has almost no sponsors to boycott and no FCC rules about indecent content. The 25+ million subscribers pay for the service and know what they’re buying. Recently, SiriusXM replaced their programming director who had been Mel Karmazin’s sidekick since … Continue reading
A few months ago, I mentioned that the Wachovia Wells Fargo PGA golf tournament is held very close to my new home. This is the first year I’ve been here to experience what that actually means. Of course, the main … Continue reading
Reason has a story from a former insider http://reason.com/blog/2014/03/19/another-war-breaks-out-in-the-pacifica-r If you don’t know who or what Pacifica is, it was started by folks who refused to fight in a World War II (aka Pacifists). Prior to Pearl Harbor, there was … Continue reading
http://www.bizpacreview.com/2014/03/11/stonewalled-reporter-quits-cbs-news-frustrated-with-networks-liberal-bias-105605 She has been one of the few TV reporters to actively pursue the Obama administrations improper activities like Fast & Furious and according to this article is writing a book about how the establishment media has circled the wagon … Continue reading
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/01/24/dinesh-dsouza-pleads-not-guilty-released-on-500000-bond-as-more-details-emerge-on-alleged-campaign-fraud/ There couldn’t be a clearer example that the so-called Department of Justice is ready to unleash the power of the Federal Government against opponents of President Obama. The basis of the charge is that Dinesh skirted around campaign finance … Continue reading