- Fred Stiening said This may be the end of progressive talk radio https://thehill.com/homenews/media/444232-bill-press-to-end-his-daily-radio-show (The WordPress database was clobbered again, so a few comments were lost)...
- Fred Stiening said Grumpy cat has died https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/17/business/media/grumpy-cat-dead.html
- Fred Stiening said I can’t wait for my free cheese!
- CC1s121LrBGT said ..but one less father. The father of KFI’s Tim Conway Jr. has passed away. Better known than the son, the son has a good local show: https://kfiam640.iheart.com/featured/tim-conway-jr/ “...
- Mark said Alma, with her 900 hats and 40 point victory margins, looks like a winner. You should be well represented.
- Fred Stiening said My taste in trains goes more to complex switching yards, train dispatching, interlockings, and more the business of freight rather than passenger trains. Google News told me about the Big Boy restor...
- Fred Stiening said I MAY have completed my move to Pineville NC. You MAY have heard there was a special election in the 9th Congressional district of NC. Because Republicans have no party discipline, something like 8 pe...
- Mark said I know you have a passion for trains. Recently I rode on the California Zephyr from Osceola, IA to Denver, CO with my 9-year old son. On our return home to Minnesota, I saw that the Curbside Classic w...
- Fred Stiening said When I was living in Flint Township, the voters of Flint decided to vote for Mayor based on skin color, not ability. Even to my somewhat naive street smarts, it was obvious prostitution and drug dea...
- Fred Stiening said I had Disqus on here for a few weeks. It was interesting to see how it works. I was a little concerned because the way icons were handled could in theory confirm the email address of the commenter...
- JayMar said Look at Disqus Conservatively Speaking. Everyone cuts and paste articles from other sources and everyone participates in the discussion. It’s quite entertaining, informative, and it allows for y...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Diversity is an oxymoron: https://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/tv/z-on-tv-blog/bs-fe-zontv-wjz-bubala-babj-20190506-story.html
- CC1s121LrBGT said The Democrats have not changed their playbook in 100 years. from 1915 to 1960, they flooded the northern cities with poor people, mostly blacks, from the south by offering very generous welfare benefi...
- TheChairman said The problem with Flint is embodied in a single snippet from the DC article: “In November 2017, Mays was sentenced to a week of community service for pawning his city-issued laptop nine times. As...
- TheJerseyDevil said I might, but I like the monthly “general” blog post as a way to post links to stories because it can encourage discussion and commentary on the articles. But the “In the Radio News...
- Mother, MAY I?
- The Problem with Flint, Michigan
- In the radio news…
- Sri Lanka
- The Changing Radio Audience
- Rap – the new “Country” music
- Would you buy stock in a “new” iHeartRadio?
- The end of WBT-AM
- Creeping censorship
- Bruce Williams has died
- The Green Great Leap Forward
- Entercom, the 900 pound gorilla
- System rollback
- Cumulus bails on New York City
- How Doc Thompson was killed by a quiet zone
- Google neutrality?
- The New Edge
- IHeart/Clear Channel bankruptcy gets final signoff
- State of the Union
- The Nordic Gender Paradox
- Inside Public Radio
- More money for bike trails
- Bird Box Challenge
- New Year brings New Changes
- California high speed rail update
- Tom Taylor to retire at 70
- This may be final post
- Health update
- Weekly Standard to fold?
- More year-end syndication changes
- NBC Sports radio to end most daytime syndication
- Miami Herald unloads on Jeffrey Epstein
- Censoring critics of censorship
- Laura Ingraham and Medved leaving talk radio
- Who are the fascists?
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Category Archives: Free Speech
Wikipedia http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/07/nyregion/nat-hentoff-dead.html (May require subscription) I’m not quite sure why I have the impression I’ve heard him on radio. He is one of a vanishing breed – people who think about issues, not just everything is the view of his … Continue reading
Milo was at UCLA today. I’m not saying it was related to the shootings, I’m not saying it was not. He came to prominence during the Gamergate controversy and now works for Breitbart. Context Result
For those who have been here a long time, a major reason for my reducing the website the first time was the threat of government intervention requiring websites to honor “do not track” settings. You have probably noticed many websites … Continue reading
Well, there are people who still have a functioning brain willing to resist peer pressure. National Post – “we” are not Charlie hebdo Rex Murphy is one brave man. He is willing to point out that the same people swooning … Continue reading
Imagine that you’re driving down a residential street – and when you stop at a stop sign, a person in a car labeled “official government business” pulls you over. They walk up to your window and I announce – “hello, … Continue reading
SiriusXM has almost no sponsors to boycott and no FCC rules about indecent content. The 25+ million subscribers pay for the service and know what they’re buying. Recently, SiriusXM replaced their programming director who had been Mel Karmazin’s sidekick since … Continue reading
A few months ago, I mentioned that the Wachovia Wells Fargo PGA golf tournament is held very close to my new home. This is the first year I’ve been here to experience what that actually means. Of course, the main … Continue reading
Reason has a story from a former insider http://reason.com/blog/2014/03/19/another-war-breaks-out-in-the-pacifica-r If you don’t know who or what Pacifica is, it was started by folks who refused to fight in a World War II (aka Pacifists). Prior to Pearl Harbor, there was … Continue reading
http://www.bizpacreview.com/2014/03/11/stonewalled-reporter-quits-cbs-news-frustrated-with-networks-liberal-bias-105605 She has been one of the few TV reporters to actively pursue the Obama administrations improper activities like Fast & Furious and according to this article is writing a book about how the establishment media has circled the wagon … Continue reading
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/01/24/dinesh-dsouza-pleads-not-guilty-released-on-500000-bond-as-more-details-emerge-on-alleged-campaign-fraud/ There couldn’t be a clearer example that the so-called Department of Justice is ready to unleash the power of the Federal Government against opponents of President Obama. The basis of the charge is that Dinesh skirted around campaign finance … Continue reading