- Fred Stiening said This may be the end of progressive talk radio https://thehill.com/homenews/media/444232-bill-press-to-end-his-daily-radio-show (The WordPress database was clobbered again, so a few comments were lost)...
- Fred Stiening said Grumpy cat has died https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/17/business/media/grumpy-cat-dead.html
- Fred Stiening said I can’t wait for my free cheese!
- CC1s121LrBGT said ..but one less father. The father of KFI’s Tim Conway Jr. has passed away. Better known than the son, the son has a good local show: https://kfiam640.iheart.com/featured/tim-conway-jr/ “...
- Mark said Alma, with her 900 hats and 40 point victory margins, looks like a winner. You should be well represented.
- Fred Stiening said My taste in trains goes more to complex switching yards, train dispatching, interlockings, and more the business of freight rather than passenger trains. Google News told me about the Big Boy restor...
- Fred Stiening said I MAY have completed my move to Pineville NC. You MAY have heard there was a special election in the 9th Congressional district of NC. Because Republicans have no party discipline, something like 8 pe...
- Mark said I know you have a passion for trains. Recently I rode on the California Zephyr from Osceola, IA to Denver, CO with my 9-year old son. On our return home to Minnesota, I saw that the Curbside Classic w...
- Fred Stiening said When I was living in Flint Township, the voters of Flint decided to vote for Mayor based on skin color, not ability. Even to my somewhat naive street smarts, it was obvious prostitution and drug dea...
- Fred Stiening said I had Disqus on here for a few weeks. It was interesting to see how it works. I was a little concerned because the way icons were handled could in theory confirm the email address of the commenter...
- JayMar said Look at Disqus Conservatively Speaking. Everyone cuts and paste articles from other sources and everyone participates in the discussion. It’s quite entertaining, informative, and it allows for y...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Diversity is an oxymoron: https://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/tv/z-on-tv-blog/bs-fe-zontv-wjz-bubala-babj-20190506-story.html
- CC1s121LrBGT said The Democrats have not changed their playbook in 100 years. from 1915 to 1960, they flooded the northern cities with poor people, mostly blacks, from the south by offering very generous welfare benefi...
- TheChairman said The problem with Flint is embodied in a single snippet from the DC article: “In November 2017, Mays was sentenced to a week of community service for pawning his city-issued laptop nine times. As...
- TheJerseyDevil said I might, but I like the monthly “general” blog post as a way to post links to stories because it can encourage discussion and commentary on the articles. But the “In the Radio News...
- Mother, MAY I?
- The Problem with Flint, Michigan
- In the radio news…
- Sri Lanka
- The Changing Radio Audience
- Rap – the new “Country” music
- Would you buy stock in a “new” iHeartRadio?
- The end of WBT-AM
- Creeping censorship
- Bruce Williams has died
- The Green Great Leap Forward
- Entercom, the 900 pound gorilla
- System rollback
- Cumulus bails on New York City
- How Doc Thompson was killed by a quiet zone
- Google neutrality?
- The New Edge
- IHeart/Clear Channel bankruptcy gets final signoff
- State of the Union
- The Nordic Gender Paradox
- Inside Public Radio
- More money for bike trails
- Bird Box Challenge
- New Year brings New Changes
- California high speed rail update
- Tom Taylor to retire at 70
- This may be final post
- Health update
- Weekly Standard to fold?
- More year-end syndication changes
- NBC Sports radio to end most daytime syndication
- Miami Herald unloads on Jeffrey Epstein
- Censoring critics of censorship
- Laura Ingraham and Medved leaving talk radio
- Who are the fascists?
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Category Archives: Unauthorized Food
Just as Obamacare is imploding, the government has published 2,700 pages of new rules to micromanage doctors, physician assistants and nurse practioners. Everyone knows that Medicare is in trouble – unlike Social Security, there is no trust fund of money … Continue reading →
Frito Lay has been made a target by the GMO free lobby. Most corn growing states being solid Republican has absolutely nothing to do with this campaign. Vermont started the demand for GMO labeling and Congress just passed a law … Continue reading →
5 12 packs for $11 (North Carolina has no bottle tax, so feel free to throw your grape soda at bicycles)
Not the illegal drug culture of heroin and cocaine – the “legal” drug culture with Ocycontin and Prosac – legal because a doctor trained in science hands out permission slips for a fee. An example of how out of control … Continue reading →
I’ll take them where I can get one… People who have been here a while know my opposition to HFCS in sodas is close to a religious issue. Back when I went to the Bi-Lo supermarket near me, I made … Continue reading →
The report as promised My pickup window was 4-5 PM. That meant I could change or cancel my order up until 1 AM (hence my suspicion some picking is done overnight) It takes about 20 minutes to get to this … Continue reading →
In addition to being election day in Nevada for Republicans, today is hot dog day at burger king The suggested price for the Chili Cheese Dog is $2.29, make it a combo for a little less than $5 The appearance … Continue reading →
The last time I went to the buffet place, the Sierra Mist seemed different. It’s the one widely available fountain drink from Pepsi made without HFCS (High Fructose Corn Syrup). Well well… I also have a 12 pack in the … Continue reading →
Andre Is out of town, so I went ahead and had an early afternoon breakfast with my friend Jack, over in his Box. Jack is right next door to McDonalds, which serves breakfast all day, as long as a stale … Continue reading →
Oil isn’t the only thing the United States has more than it needs. When did “Non-fat dry milk powder + milk fat = cream” start? Every brand of ice cream at the grocery store (except the one I bought) listed … Continue reading →