- Fred Stiening said This may be the end of progressive talk radio https://thehill.com/homenews/media/444232-bill-press-to-end-his-daily-radio-show (The WordPress database was clobbered again, so a few comments were lost)...
- Fred Stiening said Grumpy cat has died https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/17/business/media/grumpy-cat-dead.html
- Fred Stiening said I can’t wait for my free cheese!
- CC1s121LrBGT said ..but one less father. The father of KFI’s Tim Conway Jr. has passed away. Better known than the son, the son has a good local show: https://kfiam640.iheart.com/featured/tim-conway-jr/ “...
- Mark said Alma, with her 900 hats and 40 point victory margins, looks like a winner. You should be well represented.
- Fred Stiening said My taste in trains goes more to complex switching yards, train dispatching, interlockings, and more the business of freight rather than passenger trains. Google News told me about the Big Boy restor...
- Fred Stiening said I MAY have completed my move to Pineville NC. You MAY have heard there was a special election in the 9th Congressional district of NC. Because Republicans have no party discipline, something like 8 pe...
- Mark said I know you have a passion for trains. Recently I rode on the California Zephyr from Osceola, IA to Denver, CO with my 9-year old son. On our return home to Minnesota, I saw that the Curbside Classic w...
- Fred Stiening said When I was living in Flint Township, the voters of Flint decided to vote for Mayor based on skin color, not ability. Even to my somewhat naive street smarts, it was obvious prostitution and drug dea...
- Fred Stiening said I had Disqus on here for a few weeks. It was interesting to see how it works. I was a little concerned because the way icons were handled could in theory confirm the email address of the commenter...
- JayMar said Look at Disqus Conservatively Speaking. Everyone cuts and paste articles from other sources and everyone participates in the discussion. It’s quite entertaining, informative, and it allows for y...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Diversity is an oxymoron: https://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/tv/z-on-tv-blog/bs-fe-zontv-wjz-bubala-babj-20190506-story.html
- CC1s121LrBGT said The Democrats have not changed their playbook in 100 years. from 1915 to 1960, they flooded the northern cities with poor people, mostly blacks, from the south by offering very generous welfare benefi...
- TheChairman said The problem with Flint is embodied in a single snippet from the DC article: “In November 2017, Mays was sentenced to a week of community service for pawning his city-issued laptop nine times. As...
- TheJerseyDevil said I might, but I like the monthly “general” blog post as a way to post links to stories because it can encourage discussion and commentary on the articles. But the “In the Radio News...
- Mother, MAY I?
- The Problem with Flint, Michigan
- In the radio news…
- Sri Lanka
- The Changing Radio Audience
- Rap – the new “Country” music
- Would you buy stock in a “new” iHeartRadio?
- The end of WBT-AM
- Creeping censorship
- Bruce Williams has died
- The Green Great Leap Forward
- Entercom, the 900 pound gorilla
- System rollback
- Cumulus bails on New York City
- How Doc Thompson was killed by a quiet zone
- Google neutrality?
- The New Edge
- IHeart/Clear Channel bankruptcy gets final signoff
- State of the Union
- The Nordic Gender Paradox
- Inside Public Radio
- More money for bike trails
- Bird Box Challenge
- New Year brings New Changes
- California high speed rail update
- Tom Taylor to retire at 70
- This may be final post
- Health update
- Weekly Standard to fold?
- More year-end syndication changes
- NBC Sports radio to end most daytime syndication
- Miami Herald unloads on Jeffrey Epstein
- Censoring critics of censorship
- Laura Ingraham and Medved leaving talk radio
- Who are the fascists?
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Category Archives: Tax Policy
http://reason.com/archives/2014/01/13/consumers-should-drive-medicin Maybe we should look at the Singapore model. On the other hand, you won’t find Juggalos in Sinapore. Can we trust Americans to make their own decisions?
Be sure to browse all the comments. NY Times story It’s important to understand that Blue Cross and Shield was started by doctors nd hospitals. They exist to funnel money into the medical system and force prepayment of expenses so … Continue reading
“What the court did not do on its last day in session, I will do on my first day if elected president of the United States. And that is I will act to repeal Obamacare.” How? First, note that he … Continue reading
Illinois “solved” its budget crisis by passing an increase in the state income tax from 4.7% to 7%, a 48% increase. The Chicago Tribune reports that the Chicago Board Options Exchange (they run the service where people buy and sell … Continue reading
Tonight is President Obama’s Job Speech(tm). I have a counter-proposal that is so “out of the box” thinking it might work. It’s simple. Today, the Employer and Employee each pay 7.65% half of the payments into Social Security (self-employed pay … Continue reading
Warren Buffett needs to retire and enjoy his old age as a billionaire. His reaction to the S&P downgrading is that it was stupid – that if it were up to him, he would create a AAAA rating for the … Continue reading
Remember Mr Drysdale – the banker from the TV show The Beverly Hillbillies? Jedd Clampett really liked Mr Drysdale’s bank because they didn’t charge him anything to hold onto the money. Well, fiction has now crossed over into real life. … Continue reading
So how big is the gap between a Capitalist United States and a Communist United States? How big is the “Private Sector” and how much money does it make – those evil rich corporations… http://www.bea.gov/newsreleases/national/gdp/gdpnewsrelease.htm The government numbers like this … Continue reading
Harry Reid has “caved” to basically accept the “Boener Plan” – the Here is your $2.8 trillion to spend, in exchange for agreeing to not buy everyone in America a theoretical free car in 2019. The plan includes setting up … Continue reading