- Fred Stiening said A local update on Emmie https://www.ibj.com/articles/after-years-of-pruning-emmis-ready-for-reinvention
- Fred Stiening said So one of ESPN’s hosts named Dan le Batard decided that he was going to defy his bosses at Disney and go into a screed about what a racist President Donald Trump is. Mr. Le batard spent 16 years...
- Fred Stiening said I am not sure of the legalisms here, but I am finding FM translators being promoted on the website of the primary station, when the FCC status shows it’s still a construction permit. For exampl...
- Fred Stiening said The customer who was shot is now well enough to talk to the TV station https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/customer-injured-in-steak-n-shake-shooting-said-employee-killed-was-the-hero/967926745 He was n...
- Fred Stiening said One of his past ventures is called VeggieTales, an animated series of anthropomorphized vegetables who spread the love of Jesus https://www.veggietales.com/
- Fred Stiening said So IHRT is now on sale. NASDAQ allowed them to register for direct trading, rather than launching an IPO. This means the sellers at the moment are the lender who received the stock as part of the bank...
- Fred Stiening said Washington Times Wesley Pruden has died https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/jul/17/wes-pruden-washington-times-editor-and-columnist-d/ So has former supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens. The...
- Fred Stiening said Poll flashback on wafel https://streamingradioguide.com/show-poll.php?pollnum=1262
- CC1s121LrBGT said I have actually listened to WAPS off and on for about 15 years. It is very professionally run, better than most NPR stations. It has music I like and no commercials. I dropped it from my favorites li...
- Fred Stiening said Thursday is the 50th anniversary of Ted Kennedy’s stupidity costing him any chances of becoming president some day https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/scott-whitlock/2019/07/10/50-years-chappaq...
- Fred Stiening said Given that my list is 20 years old oh, I thought it might be a good idea to update the market sizes. I went to the official Nielsen list, and realize there’s a major piece of deception going on....
- Fred Stiening said In case you were wondering, the arch is made from elk antlers
- Fred Stiening said The latest homicides involve three men with Hispanic names found shot in an apartment complex, two of whom were dead when police arrived. This part of Charlotte is the part where the working class wh...
- Fred Stiening said Seriously, why does a high school need a radio station with a $1.6 million dollar budget? https://www.ohio.com/news/20190715/akron-schools-public-radio-station-could-be-model-for-columbus-operations-s...
- Fred Stiening said The backstory https://www.christianitytoday.com/news/2018/january/moody-bible-president-paul-nyquist-resigns-julie-roys-fired.html
- EMF has a new leader
- Searching for McGouda
- Iconic heritage AM station fades away
- Amazon Prime Day
- Live from Jackson Hole, Wyoming
- Revision to metro areas
- Buh-buy Mapleton
- Station Search – new and improved
- The month for grilling
- Cox sells its radio division to early SiriusXM investor
- You are worth $67 per year to radio
- The FX explosion
- No mas! ESPN Deportes closing
- How to make a small fortune in radio…
- The death of America’s rural radio, according to the Guardian(.UK)
- Breaking up is hard to do
- June knows heat
- ¿Hablas Cumulus?
- Mother, MAY I?
- The Problem with Flint, Michigan
- In the radio news…
- Sri Lanka
- The Changing Radio Audience
- Rap – the new “Country” music
- Would you buy stock in a “new” iHeartRadio?
- The end of WBT-AM
- Creeping censorship
- Bruce Williams has died
- The Green Great Leap Forward
- Entercom, the 900 pound gorilla
- System rollback
- Cumulus bails on New York City
- How Doc Thompson was killed by a quiet zone
- Google neutrality?
- The New Edge
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Category Archives: Tax Policy
http://reason.com/archives/2014/01/13/consumers-should-drive-medicin Maybe we should look at the Singapore model. On the other hand, you won’t find Juggalos in Sinapore. Can we trust Americans to make their own decisions?
Be sure to browse all the comments. NY Times story It’s important to understand that Blue Cross and Shield was started by doctors nd hospitals. They exist to funnel money into the medical system and force prepayment of expenses so … Continue reading
“What the court did not do on its last day in session, I will do on my first day if elected president of the United States. And that is I will act to repeal Obamacare.” How? First, note that he … Continue reading
Illinois “solved” its budget crisis by passing an increase in the state income tax from 4.7% to 7%, a 48% increase. The Chicago Tribune reports that the Chicago Board Options Exchange (they run the service where people buy and sell … Continue reading
Tonight is President Obama’s Job Speech(tm). I have a counter-proposal that is so “out of the box” thinking it might work. It’s simple. Today, the Employer and Employee each pay 7.65% half of the payments into Social Security (self-employed pay … Continue reading
Warren Buffett needs to retire and enjoy his old age as a billionaire. His reaction to the S&P downgrading is that it was stupid – that if it were up to him, he would create a AAAA rating for the … Continue reading
Remember Mr Drysdale – the banker from the TV show The Beverly Hillbillies? Jedd Clampett really liked Mr Drysdale’s bank because they didn’t charge him anything to hold onto the money. Well, fiction has now crossed over into real life. … Continue reading
So how big is the gap between a Capitalist United States and a Communist United States? How big is the “Private Sector” and how much money does it make – those evil rich corporations… http://www.bea.gov/newsreleases/national/gdp/gdpnewsrelease.htm The government numbers like this … Continue reading
Harry Reid has “caved” to basically accept the “Boener Plan” – the Here is your $2.8 trillion to spend, in exchange for agreeing to not buy everyone in America a theoretical free car in 2019. The plan includes setting up … Continue reading