- Fred Stiening said Then you get into the nuances of putting a percentage on overlap – is it population or square miles or ad revenue? Government handouts always have strings. Contrary to the Chamber of Commerc...
- TheChairman said Apparently, the FCC refers to it as their 'Duplicative Programming' rule: no more than 25% duplicate content for stations with more than 50% contour overlap. To me, this is different (more...
- Fred Stiening said The FCC is considering changes to an existing ru!e (or more likely ending it) that limits the number of hours per day of a simulcast broadcast by two or more stations in the same market owned by the s...
- Fred Stiening said Post bankruptcy iHeartMedia is headed to Nashville, at least part of it https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2019/12/02/iheartmedia-chooses-nashville-second-headquarters/2586162001/
- TheChairman said Yes, from Tulsa to west of OKC we noticed 4 or 5 stations were simultaneously broadcasting the same content.
- Fred Stiening said Thank you for the report. Out in Oklahoma, some entity went around taking over several dozen unviable small town stations and organized them under the banner of the Gospel Station Network, simulcastin...
- Fred Stiening said Here is the Libertarian free market 5ake from Reason https://reason.com/2019/11/30/the-nations-biggest-dairy-is-failing-despite-relentless-government-intervention/ FYI, Dean's is not in the cheese...
- TheChairman said Along those lines, here is my informal AM radio survey along some of the Interstates & US highways, during our seasonal migration from MI to AZ: Michigan: AM is nearly extinct, perhaps a faith or...
- CC1s121LrBGT said It's always surprising to me when Republicans unite to take money from the people and give it to the entertainment industry that gives almost exclusively to their opposition and comes out public...
- Fred Stiening said This might be the final nail in Music Radio https://variety.com/2019/biz/news/congress-am-fm-act-copyright-law-terrestrial-radio-1203412412/#article-comments It used to be that radio labels would prov...
- CC1s121LrBGT said > " If the democrat socialists gain total control, your 'social-credit' may affect your food options, increase your pricing, or delivery might be halted altogether. " These demo...
- Fred Stiening said The first line of protection is the bagging area is a scale – so each item scanned has a known weight that should match what is being scanned. Some clever people figured out Amazon does not imme...
- CC1s121LrBGT said I've read that there is already a discount for self-checkout. The old "five finger discount" where items are bagged without being scanned or a code for a lower priced produce item is ma...
- TheChairman said Yes, that's true for a few, but most of us still shop in a local store. On that note, I think customers should get a discount for self-checkout & bagging (no cashier). Neither myself nor my...
- Fred Stiening said With grocery pickup and delivery, the arrangement of the store no longer matters. In fact, 5 years from now, there may no longer be a need for a building. Wide aisles, lighted vertical display case...
- TheChairman said Perhaps the low price is a Walmart 'loss leader' to get people in the store. As with most (US) grocery chains, it is purposely located at the rear of the store. My wife drinks a lot of milk...
- Fred Stiening said How can my Walmart afford to sell regular milk at $0.58 a half gallon? Even at Aldi's, the price is $1.69 This week, Dean Foods declared bankruptcy. https://www.nbc15.com/content/news/Expert-we...
- Fred Stiening said Jack Ryan Season Two is out for Amazon Prime customers I doubt Tom Clancy would be happy, but he is dead, so that is that. I remember reading that the filming was going to occur in Venezuela on locati...
- Fred Stiening said Second post
- Fred Stiening said First post!
- CC1s121LrBGT said Halloween over, Thanksgiving coming very soon. Don't say "Happy Turkey Day" to these folks, it may "trigger" them. They are already looking for a "safe space". 😉 ht...
- CC1s121LrBGT said What you say is true. I would argue that there is little demand for it in crowded markets as well- the world is moving to internet streaming. From a technical perspective, however, Digital Audio Broa...
- CC1s121LrBGT said What is the revenue and is it enough to pay for leasing transmitter, paying for the associated property taxes and electricity?
- Fred Stiening said DAB is an FM only technology. Much of medium wave AM has been turned off around the world. AM stations have already been offered FM translator licenses for free. This proposal is only of value in...
- Fred Stiening said Since there is no original programming on the non-profit owned stations and no studio to maintain and no office staff to pay, how is it possible to lose money?
- CC1s121LrBGT said Decades overdue… but still behind Europe where broadcasters broadcast a group of digital signals as a package – like cable TV or Sirius XM radio does. Much more efficient that way. This i...
- Fred Stiening said The FCC is seriously looking at allowing AM stations to go "all digital" which would allow FM quality sound on AM. Most new cars are compatible already with all digital AM, but that transist...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Clear ISIL! Trump must have heard the nonstop ads for it on Music Radio 77, WABC back in the 1960s!
- CC1s121LrBGT said Detroit? "Go to California, where the World is Your Toilet"
- CC1s121LrBGT said Impossible! That bacon is Impossible! Just a guess, but anything's possible. https://impossiblefoods.com/company/
- Fred Stiening said Hollywood producer Robert Evans has died. I can't think of another person less worthy of my attention. The moderated comments on Variety are just sickeningly sappy. https://variety.com/2019/fi...
- Fred Stiening said Nancy Pelosi apparently thinks she is the assistant Commander in Chief, and that President Trump must clear his decisions with her first. Wisely, Donald Trump did not tell Ms Pelosi that we were about...
- Fred Stiening said John Conyers has died. He was the congressman for the city of Detroit, and very much responsible for turning Detroit into the cesspool it became.
- Fred Stiening said How is it possible that a 4 pound boneless pork loin roast costs less than 1 pound of bacon?
- CC1s121LrBGT said I enjoy the chat here. Sometimes serious, sometimes kidding around. Fred has attracted an interesting group to his web site and I really enjoy it.
- briand75 said Fred – we moved to TN in Sept. Time for some needed peace and quiet. Have been working from home so I do have some time to chat 🙂
- briand75 said No problem CC – the folks here are all great and I would sacrifice for you, Fred and the rest!
- Fred Stiening said Is Tesla the mysterious potential buyer of GM's shuttered Lordstown Ohio assembly facility?
- Fred Stiening said It is easy to forget that our president once appeared on professional wrestling. He is a big fan of boxing, which is why he was friends with Don King. Trump is no Patsy, and certainly not a Richar...
- CC1s121LrBGT said All that and more. The worst is that she is undermining the Department of Justice and obstructing justice. Obstruction of Justice is a crime that DOJ prosecutes the non-political class.
- Fred Stiening said Well, well. Nancy Pelosi is in Jordon now undermining the State Department and the Commander in Chief. I sure hope she doesn't talk to any Russians or people who know a person who has once talk...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Nice pivot!
- Fred Stiening said If true, then he needs to testify in front of the relevant House Committee. If he ignores their subpoena, they can hold him in contempt posthumously.
- Fred Stiening said But many robots have six degrees of freedom
- CC1s121LrBGT said That would be you, briand75, I need you to start paying your fair share so that I get my free healthcare and free green power. 😉
- CC1s121LrBGT said And a robot prison for robots that don't pay their taxes. At least they will not have to pay back taxes since they have no backs…. to whom will the talk radio station adds sell their advic...
- TheChairman said Hmm, I seem to recall McCain being on that junket as well, but perhaps I'm confusing it with some other foreign 'meeting' into which he stuck his nose.
- Fred Stiening said Glad to see that you were still around. Maybe we should talk 😉 You know what they say about democracy as it pertains to wolves and sheep. With Medicare for all requiring huge taxes on employment, this...
- Fred Stiening said It seems like I'm the only person who remembers Nancy Pelosi going to Syria in 2007 and meeting with Bashir Assad, without coordinating with the Bush administration. I think we need a transcript o...
- briand75 said People seem to act a lot like sheep. Some catch phrase like "pay their fair share" and they all mob together and want to elect an evil person who will destroy this nation. Sad.
- To Infinity and Beyond
- The end for Harold Camping
- Following in the Footsteps of National Socialism
- Stock Trades were meant to be free?
- Pumpkins and Beer
- While you were distracted
- Septa is not just about public transit
- How Stupid is Joe Walsh?
- Podcasting explains why Amtrak is so bad
- What makes music popular?
- Improved All FCC Licenses Query
- Julyin' to yourself
- Does Jesus love Salem?
- Improved Stations by Frequency
- Playing country women fairly
- EMF has a new leader
- Searching for McGouda
- Iconic heritage AM station fades away
- Amazon Prime Day
- Live from Jackson Hole, Wyoming
- Revision to metro areas
- Buh-buy Mapleton
- Station Search – new and improved
- The month for grilling
- Cox sells its radio division to early SiriusXM investor
- You are worth $67 per year to radio
- The FX explosion
- No mas! ESPN Deportes closing
- How to make a small fortune in radio…
- The death of America’s rural radio, according to the Guardian(.UK)
- Breaking up is hard to do
- June knows heat
- ¿Hablas Cumulus?
- Mother, MAY I?
- The Problem with Flint, Michigan
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Category Archives: 2012 Election
This is a bit confusing, but educational There was an event last night called “Gays for Trump”, organized by Milo Yiannopoulos, who works for Breitbart. He is quite the rabble rouser going to college campuses and provoking the free speech … Continue reading
Here is the complete text of Huey Long’s speech to the nation in the 1934 broadcast nationwide on the NBC radio network. http://www.hueylong.com/programs/share-our-wealth-speech.php As you read it, see how much it shares with the speeches of Donald Trump and Bernie … Continue reading
Diane Rehm is 78 years old, matching the demographics of NPR’s midday listeners. What she did this week would have ended the career of anyone else on radio (except perhaps Amy Goodman) Bernie Sanders is the former mayor of Burlington … Continue reading
ABC Radio News fell to an all time low today. Unless you’ve been on vacation (or think Jon Stewart is News), you’ve probably heard that the “Stupid War” in Iraq is back. The group someone is calling ISIS (Islamic State … Continue reading
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/09/nyregion/details-of-sharptons-time-as-informer-shed-light-on-a-life-with-many-chapters.html?hpw&rref=nyregion&_r=0 The summary of Tawana Brawley is particularly misleading – she claimed she was raped by a “gang of white men”
During the first hour today, Rush spent a good part of the show talking about the a white House press corps. His revelation is that the press tell the staff what they want to ask questions about, and then the … Continue reading
http://www.bizpacreview.com/2014/03/11/stonewalled-reporter-quits-cbs-news-frustrated-with-networks-liberal-bias-105605 She has been one of the few TV reporters to actively pursue the Obama administrations improper activities like Fast & Furious and according to this article is writing a book about how the establishment media has circled the wagon … Continue reading
Neese’s is located in Greensboro, NC. In addition to sausage, they are well known for their liver mush, which is probably close to what it sounds like. All I can say is my place smells great and the sausage met … Continue reading
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-kfi-ratings-rush-limbaugh-20140218,0,2400336.story#axzz2tv9o3NgF If you want an example of newspaper constructing a narrative that is fact free, there you go. The reporter started with the conclusion “Rush left KFI-AM and nobody followed him to KTLK-AM!” (now KEIB). What they didn’t know because … Continue reading
USA Today coverage Good thing to know it isn’t a recurring systemic problem!