Popular PostsThe 15 most visited posts in last 60 days:
- iHeart terminates Steve Sommers for talking politics
- Getting Caught Up
- Clark Howard gives 30 day notice
- Caving to the digital overlords
- Public Radio station WAMU turns off website comments
- Savage #2, Hannity #7
- The '80s until now
- "Christian" "Science" Monitor freaks out over Glenn Beck's NRA speech
- The Decline of the Dickey Empire
- GDPR Notice
- Alexa Bombing
- Is all-digital the future of AM radio?
- Michael "Savage" Weiner seeks freedom
- The Dubious Media
- Julyin' to yourself
- RebelSansClue said Happy New Year! Is the Savage podcast any good?
- Fred Stiening said The podcast has arrived. It is free, at least for now.
- RebelSansClue said I don’t even want to think about that. The day when Rush does his last show (if he hasn’t already) is getting ever nearer. I still think there’s a place for traditional radio though. Outdoor internet connections aren’t as stab...
- RebelSansClue said Yeah, but this site has better content!
- Fred Stiening said Kind of like here.
- RebelSansClue said Meh. No big loss. His web site looks about 2004ish. Really amateurish.
- Fred Stiening said Journeyman radio host Mancow is leaving WLS-AM in Chicago at the end of the month
- Fred Stiening said After I wrote that, one station defaulted to using iHeartRadio for the stream. How Amazon decides which streaming service to use I have no idea. It appears that you can tell Alexa which streaming service you want to use.
- Fred Stiening said The flip side is – what is to prevent a vaccine maker to claim their vaccine is 90% effective if it is a placebo and 80% are not susceptible to infection. The election is over after all. The Trump pandemic is over.
- Fred Stiening said I am blaming that on auto correct 😛 Crosley went on to dabble in the car business.
- Sparkey Johansen said Reporting a single keystroke typo: Powel Crosley Jr., not Crowley. I am refurbishing a Crosley 11-125U for a friend.
- Fred Stiening said One of my complaints about “big radio” is they tend to view on-air hosts as interchangeable. Inga lived and worked in the Central valley. She knew the people and politics of managing water resources, and the reliance on seasonal immigra...
Category Archives: Obamacare
Boston Herald Anthem provides Blue Cross / Blue Shield nationally for employers with employees scattered all over the country. Their main customer is the United States government – which gave the Obama administration substantial leverage to blackmail Anthem. The Affordable … Continue reading
Well, the Republican leadership is going to put their cards on the table in 7 card stud poker with all the cards face up and see what happens. The Hill Reconciliation is the convoluted method used to pass Obamacare over … Continue reading
No pushing! As promised, all the insurance companies have dropped out, except Blue Cross/Shield of NC, who amended their request to add 24% increase. Without subsidy, the silver plan has around a $1,200 a month premium. While the “risk corridor” … Continue reading
That’s the opinion over at Bloomberg… Obama loves Walmart The Clinton ties with Walmart go back to the earliest days when Sam Walton ran the company and made a point of buying from American suppliers. That was then and this … Continue reading
[Written November 2013] Back when I was studying accounting, the Equity Funding scandal was fresh – but the lessons learned from it need to be told to the Obamacare brain trust. The scam involved creating fake life insurance policies that … Continue reading
Without the protection of the federal “risk corridors”, pretty much nobody is willing to write individual health insurance policies. With the withdrawal of Aetna, that leaves exactly one provider left in NC – Blue Cross, and they have not said … Continue reading
This is the time of year that insurers have to put their cards on the table for next year. Since by now, ACA was going to be wildly successful, the ACA was to phase out the guarantee of Federal money … Continue reading
(After the House adopts the Senate version) [roll TelePrompTer] Good Evening fellow Americans and Republicans, The Republican controlled House and Senate have placed on my desk a Repeal of the Affordable Care Act, which I believe has been the most … Continue reading
My enrollment confirmation and temporary ID card has arrived from United Healthcare. That leaves the loose end that Blue Cross will automatically renew my policy for 2016 if I don’t tell them to not renew me. So this morning at … Continue reading