Popular PostsThe 15 most visited posts in last 60 days:
- I-85 collapse in Atlanta
- Tunein has legal issues
- No need to lie
- Triton Digital is being assimilated
- The Smoking gun in Texas
- Rush Limbaugh dead at age 70
- Russ Martin dead at age 60
- Clark Howard gives 30 day notice
- Alpha Media files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
- iHeart terminates Steve Sommers for talking politics
- Caving to the digital overlords
- The new WABC-AM
- EMF / K-Love / Air1 leaving California
- Assorted Updates
- Public Radio station WAMU turns off website comments
- RebelSansClue said Can’t be any worse than the guy they got now.
- RebelSansClue said Well, it is streaming RADIO guide after all.
- RebelSansClue said I’m reading this. I don’t check every day, but I still read it.
- Fred Stiening said It’s hard to avoid the conclusion that nobody is reading any of this.
- Fred Stiening said TV information is being phased out. It was never really part of the mission of the website, although it was interesting during the digital TV transition.
- Fred Stiening said Yesterday morning, I had a chat with somebody at the FCC at their help desk. He was trying very hard to be helpful, and he actually knew more than I expected. The media bureau is its own division. It has a hundred years worth of legacy it has to deal...
- Fred Stiening said This problem has not fixed itself. I sent an email this morning to a person who probably can get the message to the right person. Interestingly, when I call the fcc’s toll free number of this morning, it could not complete the call as all the...
- Fred Stiening said Markley, van Camp and Robbins is a contender, but need a shorter name. It is a three guy ensemble show pretending to be right wing conservatives. The show is appearing on a wide variety of owners, and Markley has been around for quite a while. All...
- Fred Stiening said Seems to be broken 8^(
- Fred Stiening said Urban family Radio seems to have gone away. EMF, the company behind K-Love decided they needed to target non-white audiences a few years ago. It appears to have not worked out. The last update on their website was around Christmas time. Chasing aft...
- Fred Stiening said Moody Bible realizes there is no future in AM radio https://www.dailyherald.com/amp-article/20210402/business/210409886/ WMBI-AM was the flagship of the Moody Bible Institute’s Radio Network based in Chicago. Because Moody did not have access...
- Fred Stiening said One of the strangest late night shows in syndicated radio, Ground Zero by Clyde Lewis used to be produced by KXL-FM in Portland Oregon, but one day he walked in and was told to pack his bags, although the station would continue to be an affiliate. K...
Category Archives: Online Gaming
The former Mayor of Charlotte Anthony Foxx (no relation to Vicente Fox or Redd Foxx) is currently the Secretary of the Department of Transportation. Under his careful stewardship, a year ago the Gold Line Streetcar was brought to life. The … Continue reading
Even after losing all my boosters…
I spend time playing an online game and they announced today they are replacing their already tight security with something much better. The existing method works by sending a text message to the phone you’ve registered any time that you … Continue reading
If 40 and under folks are not listening to radio, losing interest in Facebook and not watching MSNBC, where are they? One place is Twitch http://readwrite.com/2014/01/18/the-twitch-tv-phenomenon-is-bigger-than-you-think As odd as it probably sounds, large numbers of people get online to watch … Continue reading
While their parents are getting addicted to Candy Crush Saga, the Kidz are flocking away from the first person antisocial shooting games breeding the future mass murderers, and instead winding up in a really unlikely place. It’s a game called … Continue reading
Last weekend was the debut of another “The World is Ending and Civilization is about to end, what will you do?” movies… Unlike Hunger Games, I didn’t bother writing about it. Just now, I was bombarded with an ad for … Continue reading
Time for a Runescape / Jagex update for the two of you who slightly care :)… or this post might be titled “The Browning of Runescape” Last Septemberish, I wrote about how the new owners of Runescape had taken drastic … Continue reading
Back in October, I wrote about the “Bot Nuke” of the online game called Runescape, which I had just recently started playing again. Runescape was built by two college age brothers from England around 2001 and had grown to be … Continue reading
One of the apps moving up the most popular iPhone/pad list is Angry Granny. While it is English in its style, it’s expressing concerns about the future. Angry Granny begins each day by collecting her pension. She then walks down … Continue reading