Popular PostsThe 15 most visited posts in last 60 days:
- iHeart terminates Steve Sommers for talking politics
- Getting Caught Up
- Michael "Savage" Weiner seeks freedom
- The Dubious Media
- GDPR Notice
- The '80s until now
- The ethics of vaccine testing
- Is all-digital the future of AM radio?
- The Decline of the Dickey Empire
- Public Radio station WAMU turns off website comments
- Caving to the digital overlords
- Alexa Bombing
- Coloring the News
- June knows heat
- Do you see problems?
- RebelSansClue said Meh. No big loss. His web site looks about 2004ish. Really amateurish.
- Fred Stiening said Journeyman radio host Mancow is leaving WLS-AM in Chicago at the end of the month
- Fred Stiening said After I wrote that, one station defaulted to using iHeartRadio for the stream. How Amazon decides which streaming service to use I have no idea. It appears that you can tell Alexa which streaming service you want to use.
- Fred Stiening said The flip side is – what is to prevent a vaccine maker to claim their vaccine is 90% effective if it is a placebo and 80% are not susceptible to infection. The election is over after all. The Trump pandemic is over.
- Fred Stiening said I am blaming that on auto correct 😛 Crosley went on to dabble in the car business.
- Sparkey Johansen said Reporting a single keystroke typo: Powel Crosley Jr., not Crowley. I am refurbishing a Crosley 11-125U for a friend.
- Fred Stiening said One of my complaints about “big radio” is they tend to view on-air hosts as interchangeable. Inga lived and worked in the Central valley. She knew the people and politics of managing water resources, and the reliance on seasonal immigra...
- Fred Stiening said The WLW program director http://mediaconfidential.blogspot.com/2013/11/shocker-darryl-parks-out-at-clear.html
- RebelSansClue said Yes, of course. Whenever I engage with someone, I always find it better and more productive if they’re gagged and can’t respond.
- fhiggins said 12-15 years ago, KERN was one of my “go to” stations. She was young, what a shame.
- Fred Stiening said Inga Barks has died. She was a Conservative radio host in Bakersfield California, in the heart of the Central Valley. She was 53 years old. She was on the phone with a relative (probably her son) saying that she was not feeling well, and had a cou...
- Fred Stiening said https://cases.primeclerk.com/iHeartMedia/ If you want to see what a $20 billion bankruptcy looks like
Category Archives: 2016 election
Lost in all the shock over the Trump victory is the fact that documentary maker Michael Moore said it was going to happen. 5 reasons Trump will win. He absolutely nailed the election on all 5 points. Now he points … Continue reading
You may know and/or remember that I voted in the Democratitic primary for Bernie Sanders as part of operation chaos. Not surprisingly, the volume of 20th century mailers made from dead trees has zoomed up. The Christopher McPherson wrote this … Continue reading
While the Supreme Court has more significant long term effects, the selection of Trump will profoundly change the FCC. The FCC is legally not a direct part of the government – it is an independent “commission” that operates independently, deriving … Continue reading
Incredibly hugely fantastic!
So far, Hillary has a much lower % than Obama in 2012 in every state, but I would not read much into that – yet
Parrott mentioned this down in the comments, but Alex Jones has started a 52+ hour voting coverage-a-thon, where he will lose his mind on the air http://www.infowars.com/ It probably only is available online. The past few days, he has been … Continue reading
Looking at today’s polls, nothing has suddenly changed in the last day. Don’t expect to know the winner Tuesday night, even if Dan Rather and Michael Bloomberg are sure. Hillary is definitely the favorite, but the track is muddy. May … Continue reading
JayMar mentioned in an email that the radio stations in Puerto Rico are not interested in the election. There is a reason. People born in Puerto Rico (ignoring military bases) have a peculiar legal status. They are US citizens, but … Continue reading
Early voting (not absentee) ended at 1 PM. It is hard to discern what it means other it increased a lot over 2012. Since you could vote at any polling place in the county, you can’t directly infer which sections … Continue reading