Popular PostsThe 15 most visited posts in last 60 days:
- I-85 collapse in Atlanta
- No need to lie
- Tunein has legal issues
- Russ Martin dead at age 60
- Triton Digital is being assimilated
- The Smoking gun in Texas
- Rush Limbaugh dead at age 70
- Clark Howard gives 30 day notice
- Alpha Media files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
- iHeart terminates Steve Sommers for talking politics
- Caving to the digital overlords
- The new WABC-AM
- Assorted Updates
- EMF / K-Love / Air1 leaving California
- The New and improved Dana Loesch
- Fred Stiening said WFOM-AM and its FM translator cannot even be heard in most of Atlanta. Dickey also own WCNN-AM, a station comparable to WSB in terms of signal. This tells me the Dickey family deliberately wants Rush to go away. The only other good AM candidate is...
- Fred Stiening said If you don’t know who Erick Erickson is, he operates redstate.com. here are a couple profiles of him https://www.ajc.com/blog/radiotvtalk/erick-erickson-adding-three-hour-radio-show-from-noon-about-georgia-politics-starting-wgau-athens/q6W7EZ...
- Fred Stiening said The first major affiliate to drop Rush Limbaugh has happened. It was not unexpected. Cox Radio has their own noon-3 guy (Erick Ericskon) they are syndicating, so they dropped “Rush lives on” from WSB-AM and WSBB-FM in Atlanta. Cox Radio w...
- Fred Stiening said Unlike the frequently quoted talkers.com, I am not dependent on advertising revenue from the radio biz and have no interest in schmoozing with people in radio management.
- Macky said Fred, this is my first time posting. I check in regularly and I appreciate the insights that you and the other users provide. Please keep it going! It is a bright spot in dark times.
- RebelSansClue said Can’t be any worse than the guy they got now.
- RebelSansClue said Well, it is streaming RADIO guide after all.
- RebelSansClue said I’m reading this. I don’t check every day, but I still read it.
- Fred Stiening said It’s hard to avoid the conclusion that nobody is reading any of this.
- Fred Stiening said TV information is being phased out. It was never really part of the mission of the website, although it was interesting during the digital TV transition.
- Fred Stiening said Yesterday morning, I had a chat with somebody at the FCC at their help desk. He was trying very hard to be helpful, and he actually knew more than I expected. The media bureau is its own division. It has a hundred years worth of legacy it has to deal...
- Fred Stiening said This problem has not fixed itself. I sent an email this morning to a person who probably can get the message to the right person. Interestingly, when I call the fcc’s toll free number of this morning, it could not complete the call as all the...
Category Archives: Player Metrics
December’s results are in. The trend to stream using mobile devices rolls on. Triton Digital Report Triton Digital is the biggest platform for radio streaming and has “instrumentation” for other streaming services. It isn’t measuring everything, but most of the … Continue reading
Maybe the FCC has saved AM radio, but nothing will save desktop computers. The just released metrics from Nielsen’s Triton digital is that 73.8% of all streaming is now done from mobile devices, mostly iDevices and Android.
Streaming is changing extremely fast http://www.tritondigital.com/press-releases/triton-digital-releases-march-2015-top-20-ranker In March, 73% of audio streaming is happening on mobile devices, and Pandora, Spotify and Slacker are crushing Terrestrial radio. SiriusXM doesn’t use the Internet (although streaming is available) so their 25 million paying … Continue reading
Up until recently, if you wanted to listen to a radio station on your cell phone or iPad, you need an app like ooTunes, iHeartRadio or tuneIn. With the introduction of Internet connected entertainment systems in new cars, over the … Continue reading
Triton Media is the folks owned by Oaktree Capital – the Private Equity folks with their hands in a lot radio. Triton Digital is the part that runs StreamTheWorld and Ando Media – providing a complete end-to-end solution for … Continue reading
Bow before the new mighty icon So you don’t ever want to see a Clear Channel Player? uStream? Flash? Wherever you see that icon, you can make every station using that player vanish with one click (if you have an account … Continue reading
http://streamingradioguide.com/adm/player-type.php?playerid=24&action=listall Liveplayer is the Targetspot version of the basic STW player. What it does: Downloads a 219k “General Ad Server” Flash App Says “Hi” to Google Analytics Gets configuration info via XML loads the player Flash App (144k) downloads a … Continue reading
http://streaming.y100fm.com/_players/coxradio/index.php?callsign=KCYYFM&referringsite=johngalt.streamingradioguide.com Cox Radio is doing their own thing. They used to use StreamAudio, now they are using StreamTheWorld for the actual stream – but not using the lean mean STW player, but instead the TargetSpot streaming ad insertion with extra … Continue reading