- briand75 said I am mystified as to why Dems keep attacking the heart of American success. The same moment Bernie says “free healthcare for all” the details on the page say “raise taxes on the rich...
- Fred Stiening said WMAL-AM is switching to ESPN on July 1st. Now that Cumulus has sold the land underneath the transmitter, no reason to pretend they’re interested in keeping the station going. The conservati...
- Fred Stiening said Neither of the “oil tankers” damaged today in the Gulf of Tonkin… errr…. Oman was carrying oil. One was carrying methanol and the other naphtha
- Fred Stiening said The creator of Pepe The Frog settled his lawsuit against Alex Jones for $15,000, probably less than the attorney fees. The copyright was filed after Jones made his profit, so the recovery was only f...
- Fred Stiening said Proof of global climate change!
- Fred Stiening said Apparently that guy in that station have gotten buzz on social media, which is the only logical reason the guardian would even be aware the station exists. Adding YouTube video to post…
- TheChairman said Well, Willcox AZ isn’t exactly a good benchmark… it’s remote, sparse, and odd. A better location would be Benson/Tombstone; big army base in Ft Huachuca. We heard plenty of AM stati...
- TheChairman said I know it’s only 57 here in northern Michigan. Coldest June I can recall… we’ve had the heat on almost every day since our return. Even the Yoopers are cold.
- haiti222 said The Scripps Family trust terms also applied to the spin-off until last year. The spinoff is super valuable because of the world content growth you spoke of. When I was in the Philippines, all kinds of...
- Fred Stiening said To clarify, Scripps earns an income from Cable TV retransmission rights. To many stations, that is just guaranteed income regardless of ratings. Scripps says 33% of their local revenue is from cable...
- Fred Stiening said It is 58 degrees in Juneau AK, you know?
- Fred Stiening said Or to phrase it a the different way, Wall Street is so focused on short term metrics that it was beneficial to the Scripps Networks part to separate from the lower-performing TV stations. At least i...
- Fred Stiening said There are two groups of TV stations – the big money ($10 billion total) went to those who agreed to surrender their spectrum by either going off the air completely or moving to a subchannel of a...
- Fred Stiening said In an interesting twist, radio couldn’t resist turning this into a free money grab. Because many FM transmitters are located on TV towers that might move because the TV station is moving to be...
- Fred Stiening said They were looking in the wrong place http://www.insideradio.com/small-midwestern-markets-rule-in-radio-revenue-per-capita/article_22bba00a-8b51-11e9-ac99-fbf48413de97.html
- No mas! ESPN Deportes closing
- How to make a small fortune in radio…
- The death of America’s rural radio, according to the Guardian(.UK)
- Breaking up is hard to do
- June knows heat
- ¿Hablas Cumulus?
- Mother, MAY I?
- The Problem with Flint, Michigan
- In the radio news…
- Sri Lanka
- The Changing Radio Audience
- Rap – the new “Country” music
- Would you buy stock in a “new” iHeartRadio?
- The end of WBT-AM
- Creeping censorship
- Bruce Williams has died
- The Green Great Leap Forward
- Entercom, the 900 pound gorilla
- System rollback
- Cumulus bails on New York City
- How Doc Thompson was killed by a quiet zone
- Google neutrality?
- The New Edge
- IHeart/Clear Channel bankruptcy gets final signoff
- State of the Union
- The Nordic Gender Paradox
- Inside Public Radio
- More money for bike trails
- Bird Box Challenge
- New Year brings New Changes
- California high speed rail update
- Tom Taylor to retire at 70
- This may be final post
- Health update
- Weekly Standard to fold?
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Category Archives: Zombie Watch
Bing and TuneIn have announced a partnership to make it easier to find the streaming radio stations nobody is searching for News Story Bing believes it can come up with 10,000 links for streaming radio stations. Trying to publish secret … Continue reading
Shimon the Marimba bot Working to make Jazz great again NPR has 24×7 music channels called All Songs Considered heating up the annoyance with your local NPR affiliate, competing for the ear space of Public radio listeners Your New Robot … Continue reading
If you want to catch the United States off guard, that would be the time to do something. You may remember earlier in the Obama years, FEMA and the FCC conducted a mandatory test of the national Emergency Alert System. … Continue reading
Parrot wanted to pass along this news story http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/john-mcafee-massive-ddos-attack-internet-was-smartphone-botnet-popular-app-1532993 Copyright laws preclude publishing an entire article. John McAfee has no actual proof and no longer is affiliated with the antivirus software company, but you can take his theory to the … Continue reading
Maybe the FCC has saved AM radio, but nothing will save desktop computers. The just released metrics from Nielsen’s Triton digital is that 73.8% of all streaming is now done from mobile devices, mostly iDevices and Android.
WWAB-AM slipped off the Internet – It’s an AM radio station in Lakeland Florida playing Gospel Music. The owner died earlier this year, but the story takes an unexpected twist. legacy of Richard Hughes Richard Hughes lived to age 87, … Continue reading
If you go to Google Earth View to the East of Bakersfield California out in the fields of Almond trees near this intersection. I count about 30 boxcars all owned by Amtrak. You could empty out a moderate sized city … Continue reading
The Greeks have declared their independence from the bloodthirsty global bankers. Let the hunger games begin. Some observers note this is largely an inter generational fight. The people who are living in England milking their Greek government pension they started … Continue reading
The temporary Boston home of Howie Carr and the station that turned down Rush Limbaugh four times has just been sold. The station was previously owned by Microsoft’s Paul Allen and was bought for around $10 million. Out in California, … Continue reading
Travis LeBlanc is the head of the FCC Enforcement Bureau. Tom Wheeler put him in that position. He’s clearly an Obama technocrat. http://www.marcus-spectrum.com/Blog/files/LeBlanc314.html I see big changes already, and they are positive. As I’m going through the list, it is … Continue reading