- Fred Stiening said Howard Stern is retiring when his contract ends. Baba Booey!
- CC1s121LrBGT said I know antennas very well. If you have no interference on that frequency and no powerful very local AM stations, you may wish to run a very long wire from where you normally have the radio toward the...
- Parrott said God, culmulus made mess of these radio stations. Screwing up their formats, firing local hosts left and right. They did this everywhere they went. Anyway we can blame the ‘clintons’...
- Parrott said Ditto , CC, I like to search by call letters also. Its a little harder here now, but still can be done. I do click through the links from time to time. Maybe we’re saving AM radio ?...
- Fred Stiening said Cumulus just dumped KLOS-FM in Los Angeles, another of the Crown Jewels from ABC Radio. The buyer is probably switching to Spanish language programming. KLOS-FM was originally KABC-FM. Citadel Broa...
- Fred Stiening said I had a woman write me once (probably 10 years ago) who was frantically trying to find out what happened to her ad spend. I gently told her the station was reported to the FCC as being shut down and...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Here, here! (as they say in the UK Parliament). I agree with that 100%, JayMar. Fred had long been publishing statistics that imply how useful or not useful the site is, and I was never in any of the...
- TheJerseyDevil said Speaking of revenue, here’s a stunning case of alleged radio billing fraud: https://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/185663/cbc-report-radio-station-sold-ads-while-not-on-the
- JayMar said Actually old foggies like me will never use Alexa. I think your format is wonderful. I, a political junkie, enjoy coming here for the blog and comments. A few years ago I bought an internet radio and...
- Parrott said cool, glad you like the WEEB. They have ‘custom made commercials for local businesses. WEBY does that, and WAAM in Ann Arbor. Interesting part, last week, on WAAM, they had a commercial...
- TheChairman said The first comment (by ‘Wine Correspondent’) on that article sums it up perfectly. i.e. Billboard is merely counting the number of ‘listens’, not sales or subscribers. It̵...
- Fred Stiening said A little more background on how people manipulate Billboard https://ultimateclassicrock.com/beatles-most-songs-billboard-hot-100/
- TheChairman said A Digital Music News article from 2016 summed up the problem with Billboard, and how some record labels gamed the system for chart topping ‘album sales’ without selling any albums. The web...
- Fred Stiening said Iheart cuts local news staff – might it be to temporarily increase operating income prior to an IPO? https://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/185455/staff-cuts-hit-iheartmedia-news-depar...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Rumor has it that he is joining WMAL. Evidently, he was on the air there on a few times in the last week… may have been an audition. He tweeted 15 hours ago that he will have some exciting news...
- The Changing Radio Audience
- Rap – the new “Country” music
- Would you buy stock in a “new” iHeartRadio?
- The end of WBT-AM
- Creeping censorship
- Bruce Williams has died
- The Green Great Leap Forward
- Entercom, the 900 pound gorilla
- System rollback
- Cumulus bails on New York City
- How Doc Thompson was killed by a quiet zone
- Google neutrality?
- The New Edge
- IHeart/Clear Channel bankruptcy gets final signoff
- State of the Union
- The Nordic Gender Paradox
- Inside Public Radio
- More money for bike trails
- Bird Box Challenge
- New Year brings New Changes
- California high speed rail update
- Tom Taylor to retire at 70
- This may be final post
- Health update
- Weekly Standard to fold?
- More year-end syndication changes
- NBC Sports radio to end most daytime syndication
- Miami Herald unloads on Jeffrey Epstein
- Censoring critics of censorship
- Laura Ingraham and Medved leaving talk radio
- Who are the fascists?
- Old Charlotte
- The reality of racial fear
- The bombs were fake
- Santa Trump is coming to town
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Category Archives: Zombie Watch
Bing and TuneIn have announced a partnership to make it easier to find the streaming radio stations nobody is searching for News Story Bing believes it can come up with 10,000 links for streaming radio stations. Trying to publish secret … Continue reading
Shimon the Marimba bot Working to make Jazz great again NPR has 24×7 music channels called All Songs Considered heating up the annoyance with your local NPR affiliate, competing for the ear space of Public radio listeners Your New Robot … Continue reading
If you want to catch the United States off guard, that would be the time to do something. You may remember earlier in the Obama years, FEMA and the FCC conducted a mandatory test of the national Emergency Alert System. … Continue reading
Parrot wanted to pass along this news story http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/john-mcafee-massive-ddos-attack-internet-was-smartphone-botnet-popular-app-1532993 Copyright laws preclude publishing an entire article. John McAfee has no actual proof and no longer is affiliated with the antivirus software company, but you can take his theory to the … Continue reading
Maybe the FCC has saved AM radio, but nothing will save desktop computers. The just released metrics from Nielsen’s Triton digital is that 73.8% of all streaming is now done from mobile devices, mostly iDevices and Android.
WWAB-AM slipped off the Internet – It’s an AM radio station in Lakeland Florida playing Gospel Music. The owner died earlier this year, but the story takes an unexpected twist. legacy of Richard Hughes Richard Hughes lived to age 87, … Continue reading
If you go to Google Earth View to the East of Bakersfield California out in the fields of Almond trees near this intersection. I count about 30 boxcars all owned by Amtrak. You could empty out a moderate sized city … Continue reading
The Greeks have declared their independence from the bloodthirsty global bankers. Let the hunger games begin. Some observers note this is largely an inter generational fight. The people who are living in England milking their Greek government pension they started … Continue reading
The temporary Boston home of Howie Carr and the station that turned down Rush Limbaugh four times has just been sold. The station was previously owned by Microsoft’s Paul Allen and was bought for around $10 million. Out in California, … Continue reading
Travis LeBlanc is the head of the FCC Enforcement Bureau. Tom Wheeler put him in that position. He’s clearly an Obama technocrat. http://www.marcus-spectrum.com/Blog/files/LeBlanc314.html I see big changes already, and they are positive. As I’m going through the list, it is … Continue reading