- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
- Alex Jones banned from iTunes and Facebook
- Politico stoking race war within House leadership
- Augustus, the strong Caesar
- Today’s overflowing news bag (per Tom Taylor)
- You can feel secure now
- It’s Official – 2020 RNC convention coming to Charlotte
- Changes in Philly
- Big improvement at FCC Website
- More train action than you can shake a stick at
- The future of grocery retailing?
- Visiting Our Heritage
- The Conservative Mom
- Ray Lucia wins at Supreme Court
- Puerto Rico update
- Et tu, Julyus?
- Is President Trump out to dismantle the NWO?
- Unmasking AT&T
- Domestic Content protection in a global community
- California to vote on three way split
- CEO of K-Love / Air1 to retire
- New face at the FCC
- JUNE is busting out all over
- Taking Cookies from Strangers
- GDPR Notice
- Slogging in the swamp
- Bet the Farm
- Login issues
- iHeart’s future
- Alpha is next
- The changing political landscape of Charlotte
- Taking the Jump
- “American” Car Jobs
- John F Kerry is colluding with Iran
- Fred Stiening said I wonder if there is a recording of Trump saying the B word.
- CC1s121LrBGT said A day or so ago, President Trump called Ms Omarosa Manigault Newman a “dog” in a tweet. The liberal press went nuts over this calling it racism for the President to call her a dog. That a...
- Fred Stiening said We must protect diversity of opinions.
- CC1s121LrBGT said The social media platforms have to censor Alex Jones in order to protect Free Speech. 😉 “I’ve abandoned free market principals to save the free market system.” Republican Preside...
- Fred Stiening said Twitter has joined the movement to pretend Alex Jones doesn’t exist. They suspended his personal account for seven days for urging action to combat censorship. Did Jones mention the Falun Gong...
- Fred Stiening said And he invented the Perl programming language. Another motivation was to change the dietary preferences away from their traditional food supplies to high quality grains. Who will go back to eating bu...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Noam Chomsky is a fascinating guy. When I read him a few decades ago, he came across as more of a communist than a liberal, but he is still right on many points and criticisms. One that has really st...
- Fred Stiening said Noam Chomsky weighs in https://www.infowars.com/free-speech-icon-noam-chomsky-says-big-tech-was-wrong-to-ban-infowars/
- Fred Stiening said 75 year old talker John Lanigan on WTAM-AM in Cleveland Ohio pulled the plug in the middle of the show. He retired to Colorado and was doing the show remotely. From his initial hello, it was clear...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Prior to that, I think that the best deal around is https://tv.youtube.com/welcome/start/ Not a fan of Google, but I hope and expect them to eat Verizon’s lunch. For $40 per month, you get live...
- Fred Stiening said Is multicast digital TV over 5G going to eviscerate coax delivered “Cable” TV? T-Mobile has the answer on August 15th.
- Fred Stiening said For the first time in a long time, WBEB slipped from #1 in the ratings. The prior owner was very focused on the advertisements – testing them to see if listeners liked them. He viewed the lis...
- CC1s121LrBGT said BTW- When you mentioned “Mignon Clyburn” I took you totally seriously. Had you said “Milburn Drysdale” or “Mignon Clydesdale”, I would have known you were horsing a
- CC1s121LrBGT said What was an awful pun that you uncorked, but who am I to whine about it? 😉
- Fred Stiening said My cousin in Boston had the same question. In order to rebuild the streetcar / Light Rail on the Longfellow Bridge, they used a shoefly to relocate the tracks during the 2 year long construction proj...
- TheJerseyDevil said That was Hank Johnson of Georgia, Parrott. Believe it or not, I subsequently saw him on C-SPAN as a guest interviewer! When Clyburn’s daughter quit the FCC, there was speculation her father migh...
- CC1s121LrBGT said I’ve got an old friend in the DC area that keeps reminding us that we are overdue for a visit… that is probably the halfway point. We could set up something on https://www.meetup.com/ i...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Interesting wiki page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darrell_Zimmerman He has a pattern of doing unauthorized trades that could make him a personal fortune if they were successful but lost and someon...
- Parrott said Ha Ha Anyhoo , I thought we were going to have a SRG reunion at the K&W in Statesville NC ? parrott
- CC1s121LrBGT said Since I was a child, I always wondered “What is a shoefly?” Now, that’s to yesterday’s LA Time’s, I finally know. Unfortunately, my elementary school music teacher was a...
- foyle said Parrott, on the other hand… “Withdrawal in disgust is not the same as apathy” — lyric from R.E.M. ‘What’s the frequency, Kenneth?’ — a tune which takes...
- Fred Stiening said When I was working at the CBOT in 1992, a rogue trader named Darrel Zimmerman nearly destroyed the exchange. Look at what he is up to 23 year later (after 2 years in prison) https://youtu.be/_lWyEh9Hb...
- Fred Stiening said Time for a group hug
- Parrott said Excellent points Chairman. I guess all of the ‘normal’s and ‘ALex’ had to get in bed with Youtube, iTunes , and ‘Gooberbook’ ( F) to make sure the defense of...
- TheChairman said Even then, they simply refuse to see their hypocrisy… i.e. a mental disorder. I know I’ve posted this quote before, but it seems time to repeat it. This was on the placards of some liber...
- CC1s121LrBGT said How about a multi-million dollar federally funded study to enlighten the white privledged view. Thesis : “Black and Hispanic people listen to more radio on average ” BECAUSE they have ...
- Fred Stiening said Entercom is selling 8 former CBS and Entercom stations in San Francisco’s to Bonneville for $141 million. Bonneville is the for-profit Radio and TV corporation owned by the Salt Lake City based Latte...
- Fred Stiening said Or Oprah When it comes to Radio, Black and Hispanic people listen to more radio on average. Of course, the less than average disposable income makes them less attractive to advertisers…
- CC1s121LrBGT said First they came for us in the TV sitcoms, but we didn’t do anything because we didn’t watch TV sitcoms….
- TheChairman said Saw the source article last week, but it was much more in depth. I will try to find the link. Anyway, I immediately thought of your posts regarding the Kenyan rail system last year. Somehow, the outc...
- Fred Stiening said The news before it is news https://www.forbes.com/sites/panosmourdoukoutas/2018/08/04/china-is-treating-africa-the-same-way-european-colonists-did/amp/
- Parrott said Is Clyburn the one who thought Guam would tip over if they put to many troops and shipping containers on the island ? He asked the joint-chiefs during a congressional hearing. I can’t remembe...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Ya ain’t seen nothing yet – Wait until more elected offices have “term limits”. I would bet that more people lost their welfare benefits last year that were fired from any leve...
- Fred Stiening said I totally accept the notion that the “intelligence” community starts gathering a dossier on every person who might someday have influence and hold it to blackmail leaders. Perhaps a US a...
- CC1s121LrBGT said This didn’t get a lot of MSM press coverage at the time or even now, but wacko John Brennan also spied on Feinstein… and her entire committee: “When it was first suspected that Brenn...
- Fred Stiening said And she became wealthy from her husband’s business transactions. This is getting depressing. Did I post yet about the woman The NY Times hired for the editorial board who fantasizes about killing all...
- TheChairman said Yeah, sure. Like he didn’t have access to the vehicle to conceal listening devices, knowledge of her contacts, schedule, location, etc. Nothing to see here…
- Fred Stiening said A news story getting nowhere the coverage it deserves… Senator Diane Feinstein of California, member and former chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee has had an official real Chinese s...
- TheChairman said He should co-host a show with the Black Avenger… call it Conservative Colors.
- CC1s121LrBGT said Over the years we have had a lot of conversation on health and the medical establishment. I found a fascinating podcast from a Harvard PhD economist, now a professor in Colorado on what he has found...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Herman had faded – I hadn’t seen heard from him in years but he was on Fox News Channel in NYC just this week. I wonder if he was interviewing for a job there….. he was dressed to t...
- Fred Stiening said Herman Cain’s career fades to black… The failed presidential candidate, former pizza executive and radio broadcaster is 72. He replaced Neal Boortz on Westwood One (originally Jones), an...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Stay woke, people. Stay woke. 😉
- CC1s121LrBGT said …as long as they can come close…. i’ve heard that that is often good enough when it comes to horse shoes 😉
- Fred Stiening said Which blog would you like to be the editor for?
- Fred Stiening said And people born 10 years ago could not replace the shoe on a horse if their lives depended on it
- Fred Stiening said Assorted Stock items Michigan based Saga, probably the best managed radio company left, is moving from the NYSE to NASDAQ Cumulus is trading again and on the same trajectory downward. With no dividen...
- CC1s121LrBGT said The reviewjournal link is good for SRG readers that are not good at what Art called “remote viewing” 😉
- Fred Stiening said The autopsy is in – Art Bell died from an allegedly accidental overdose of four prescription medications. Art was suffering from COPD (the disease formerly known as emphysema) from decades of...
- CC1s121LrBGT said You won’t find friendlier people anywhere on earth than you will find in Labrador and Newfoundland. They remained part of the UK until well after Canada became a country and officially joined C...
Category Archives: Talk Radio Network
Talk Radio Network is down to three hosts following the death of Jerry Doyle and Sorbo leaving 4 hours of Morning News 12 hours of Robert Davi (who?) 8 hours of Network owner Roy Masters Satellite schedule
http://www.tmz.com/2016/07/28/jerry-doyle-babylon-5-dead/ Doyle was found nonresponsive in his home in Vegas. Doyle has had health challenges through the years, in addition to the pressure of being the host still working for Talk Radio Network. Doyle considered himself more of a libertarian … Continue reading
http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/149357/supreme-court-declines-to-hear-trn-s-appeal-of-mic The US Supreme Court has refused to hear an appeal from the Roy Masters controlled Talk Radio Network. Michael Savage had tried to leave Talk Radio Network to join Westwood One, but Talk Radio Network tried to stop him … Continue reading
Michael “Savage” Weiner has said on the air that he never expects to see a penny from Talk Radio Network. A few weeks ago, his lawyers got a “writ of execution” for $866k for a judgement already won ordering TRN … Continue reading
— brief unauthorized history — Talk Radio Network used to be a significant syndicator of Conservative talk programming. There is a development today suggesting the network will not regain its former glory. TRN was the creation of Roy Masters, the … Continue reading
By Bird, I mean the Westwood One XDS satellite. What were you thinking? This is a stunning announcement on many levels. For those of you who weren’t around or have moved on to other things, Art Bell was a pioneer. … Continue reading
Roy Masters is an acquired taste. He effectively controls the Talk Radio Network, which has lost most of its hosts. He does a show in the middle of night called “advice line” hypnotizing callers over the phone, and giving away … Continue reading
Talk Radio Network used to have Laura Ingraham, Michael Savage, Phil Hendrie, Rusty Humphries and others A little over a year ago, Talk Radio Network imploded. The Daily news program died (except for the morning news with a new host), … Continue reading
Monica Crowley is still syndicated by the just barely alive Talk Radio Network. Since TRN sued their own national rep firm and distributor Dial Global (now owned by Cumulus), it’s not shocking that Cumulus is shedding every single TRN program … Continue reading