- Fred Stiening said Kim Komando gives advice on how to use digital assistants (Alexa, Siri, Google Home) to listen to radio https://www.komando.com/tips/560001/get-radio-broadcasts-on-alexa-siri-and-google-home
- Fred Stiening said Tupelo MS based American Family Radio seems to have dropped their religious music programming, replacing it with a “hybrid” lineup of mostly prerecorded teaching. AFR was founded by legen...
- Fred Stiening said Partly because of spending more time here and partly with help from the FCC and indirectly from ootunes, there are about 400 more streaming stations in the directory in the last week, bringing the tot...
- Fred Stiening said Howard Stern is retiring when his contract ends. Baba Booey!
- CC1s121LrBGT said I know antennas very well. If you have no interference on that frequency and no powerful very local AM stations, you may wish to run a very long wire from where you normally have the radio toward the...
- Parrott said God, culmulus made mess of these radio stations. Screwing up their formats, firing local hosts left and right. They did this everywhere they went. Anyway we can blame the ‘clintons’...
- Parrott said Ditto , CC, I like to search by call letters also. Its a little harder here now, but still can be done. I do click through the links from time to time. Maybe we’re saving AM radio ?...
- Fred Stiening said Cumulus just dumped KLOS-FM in Los Angeles, another of the Crown Jewels from ABC Radio. The buyer is probably switching to Spanish language programming. KLOS-FM was originally KABC-FM. Citadel Broa...
- Fred Stiening said I had a woman write me once (probably 10 years ago) who was frantically trying to find out what happened to her ad spend. I gently told her the station was reported to the FCC as being shut down and...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Here, here! (as they say in the UK Parliament). I agree with that 100%, JayMar. Fred had long been publishing statistics that imply how useful or not useful the site is, and I was never in any of the...
- TheJerseyDevil said Speaking of revenue, here’s a stunning case of alleged radio billing fraud: https://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/185663/cbc-report-radio-station-sold-ads-while-not-on-the
- JayMar said Actually old foggies like me will never use Alexa. I think your format is wonderful. I, a political junkie, enjoy coming here for the blog and comments. A few years ago I bought an internet radio and...
- Parrott said cool, glad you like the WEEB. They have ‘custom made commercials for local businesses. WEBY does that, and WAAM in Ann Arbor. Interesting part, last week, on WAAM, they had a commercial...
- TheChairman said The first comment (by ‘Wine Correspondent’) on that article sums it up perfectly. i.e. Billboard is merely counting the number of ‘listens’, not sales or subscribers. It̵...
- Fred Stiening said A little more background on how people manipulate Billboard https://ultimateclassicrock.com/beatles-most-songs-billboard-hot-100/
- The Changing Radio Audience
- Rap – the new “Country” music
- Would you buy stock in a “new” iHeartRadio?
- The end of WBT-AM
- Creeping censorship
- Bruce Williams has died
- The Green Great Leap Forward
- Entercom, the 900 pound gorilla
- System rollback
- Cumulus bails on New York City
- How Doc Thompson was killed by a quiet zone
- Google neutrality?
- The New Edge
- IHeart/Clear Channel bankruptcy gets final signoff
- State of the Union
- The Nordic Gender Paradox
- Inside Public Radio
- More money for bike trails
- Bird Box Challenge
- New Year brings New Changes
- California high speed rail update
- Tom Taylor to retire at 70
- This may be final post
- Health update
- Weekly Standard to fold?
- More year-end syndication changes
- NBC Sports radio to end most daytime syndication
- Miami Herald unloads on Jeffrey Epstein
- Censoring critics of censorship
- Laura Ingraham and Medved leaving talk radio
- Who are the fascists?
- Old Charlotte
- The reality of racial fear
- The bombs were fake
- Santa Trump is coming to town
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Monthly Archives: July 2012
Just a recap of events – the original plan was to be in Chicago for 3 weeks of training, then return to Connecticut and work remotely for 6 months. (longer if they renew the contract) We had talked in general … Continue reading
I’m 1000 miles from “home” and it happens. I’m at Target to buy some Lemon Pledge for my new home and I reach for my wallet and it’s not there. Oh crap. Maybe it is in the car – … Continue reading
I need to make the dreaded “cable guy” appointment with Comcast to install Internet access. Hey, it’s 5 AM sleepy heads! The email Comcast sent me says “Comcast is available to assist you 24 hours a day / 7 … Continue reading
I spent most of today going to downtown Chicago and out on the Blue line and seeing if things have changed in 20 years. I was pretty overwhelmed with emotion realizing how much I hate Connecticut and why – and … Continue reading
I survived the first week at my new job in Chicago! On Friday, I took occupancy of an apartment about 3 blocks from work in a fantastic location for my needs – it couldn’t have worked out better. What does … Continue reading
Andrew Wilkow is a man who actually is a “young blood” Conservative He worked for WABC in New York for a while and left to do a show on Sirius / XM. He has a new daily show in … Continue reading
I gave in and committed myself to another two years of freedom with an iPhone. The current model has a very clever thing called Siri that is a voice activated assistant – intended to do things like “invite bill to … Continue reading
That’s the message WOL-AM in Washington DC heard http://woldcnews.com/1017127/mitt-romneys-naacp-speech-hes-wasnt-even-pretending-to-care/ Hey, it worked for Bill Clinton and Sister Souljah http://mobile.nationaljournal.com/2012-presidential-campaign/does-romney-need-a-sister-souljah-moment–20120312 In other Communisty news, Jesse Jackson Jr, a current member of the US House from Chicago has vanished without explanation. Dad … Continue reading
If you remember chasing after the Mr Softee truck as a child, this development may interest you. Social media and food trucks are already disrupting brick and mortar restaurants. Why pay property taxes to the city, collect sales tax, … Continue reading
Not radio http://tritondigital.com/Media/Default/Documents/2012-06-01-Media-Influence-Survey.pdf Triton Digital did a survey to find out which sources of information people trust. TV is still the answer – radio scored 18% lagging behind the 20% dismal number for newspapers. While the pressure must be intense … Continue reading