- Fred Stiening said Wow, way to take a knee, ESPN I started going through the list of sports radio stations, and ESPN affiliates are dropping like flies. Now I understand the pressure from above for the ESPN sports hosts...
- Fred Stiening said Back in the day, the motivation was you had a whole bunch of patronage workers who earned very generous pensions – but increasingly systems like E-ZPass are getting rid of the bulk of those kind...
- Fred Stiening said I just revisited every conservative talk radio station, and along the way it became apparent just how pervasive the “saving AM radio” FM translators have become. My guesstimate is 85% of...
- Fred Stiening said I finally have been in contact with somebody from the HD radio service, and they hope to offer me a list of the HD channels that I can incorporate into the database in the website. Radio Disney quietl...
- Fred Stiening said Someone is chicken https://www.nrn.com/quick-service/church-s-chicken-reportedly-exploring-sale
- CC1s121LrBGT said Why do Dems want to build only toll roads? The answer is the same, they want your money so they can spend it rather than you. What will they spend it on? Buying votes. BTW- The Dem’s didnR...
- CC1s121LrBGT said The first article says, “ESPN is closing it this fall, instead emphasizing podcasts and TV content from ESPN Deportes.” I think that is the bigger story. Moving to stream on demand, no nee...
- briand75 said I am mystified as to why Dems keep attacking the heart of American success. The same moment Bernie says “free healthcare for all” the details on the page say “raise taxes on the rich...
- Fred Stiening said WMAL-AM is switching to ESPN on July 1st. Now that Cumulus has sold the land underneath the transmitter, no reason to pretend they’re interested in keeping the station going. The conservati...
- Fred Stiening said Neither of the “oil tankers” damaged today in the Gulf of Tonkin… errr…. Oman was carrying oil. One was carrying methanol and the other naphtha
- Fred Stiening said The creator of Pepe The Frog settled his lawsuit against Alex Jones for $15,000, probably less than the attorney fees. The copyright was filed after Jones made his profit, so the recovery was only f...
- Fred Stiening said Proof of global climate change!
- Fred Stiening said Apparently that guy in that station have gotten buzz on social media, which is the only logical reason the guardian would even be aware the station exists. Adding YouTube video to post…
- TheChairman said Well, Willcox AZ isn’t exactly a good benchmark… it’s remote, sparse, and odd. A better location would be Benson/Tombstone; big army base in Ft Huachuca. We heard plenty of AM stati...
- TheChairman said I know it’s only 57 here in northern Michigan. Coldest June I can recall… we’ve had the heat on almost every day since our return. Even the Yoopers are cold.
- No mas! ESPN Deportes closing
- How to make a small fortune in radio…
- The death of America’s rural radio, according to the Guardian(.UK)
- Breaking up is hard to do
- June knows heat
- ¿Hablas Cumulus?
- Mother, MAY I?
- The Problem with Flint, Michigan
- In the radio news…
- Sri Lanka
- The Changing Radio Audience
- Rap – the new “Country” music
- Would you buy stock in a “new” iHeartRadio?
- The end of WBT-AM
- Creeping censorship
- Bruce Williams has died
- The Green Great Leap Forward
- Entercom, the 900 pound gorilla
- System rollback
- Cumulus bails on New York City
- How Doc Thompson was killed by a quiet zone
- Google neutrality?
- The New Edge
- IHeart/Clear Channel bankruptcy gets final signoff
- State of the Union
- The Nordic Gender Paradox
- Inside Public Radio
- More money for bike trails
- Bird Box Challenge
- New Year brings New Changes
- California high speed rail update
- Tom Taylor to retire at 70
- This may be final post
- Health update
- Weekly Standard to fold?
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Monthly Archives: July 2012
Just a recap of events – the original plan was to be in Chicago for 3 weeks of training, then return to Connecticut and work remotely for 6 months. (longer if they renew the contract) We had talked in general … Continue reading
I’m 1000 miles from “home” and it happens. I’m at Target to buy some Lemon Pledge for my new home and I reach for my wallet and it’s not there. Oh crap. Maybe it is in the car – … Continue reading
I need to make the dreaded “cable guy” appointment with Comcast to install Internet access. Hey, it’s 5 AM sleepy heads! The email Comcast sent me says “Comcast is available to assist you 24 hours a day / 7 … Continue reading
I spent most of today going to downtown Chicago and out on the Blue line and seeing if things have changed in 20 years. I was pretty overwhelmed with emotion realizing how much I hate Connecticut and why – and … Continue reading
I survived the first week at my new job in Chicago! On Friday, I took occupancy of an apartment about 3 blocks from work in a fantastic location for my needs – it couldn’t have worked out better. What does … Continue reading
Andrew Wilkow is a man who actually is a “young blood” Conservative He worked for WABC in New York for a while and left to do a show on Sirius / XM. He has a new daily show in … Continue reading
I gave in and committed myself to another two years of freedom with an iPhone. The current model has a very clever thing called Siri that is a voice activated assistant – intended to do things like “invite bill to … Continue reading
That’s the message WOL-AM in Washington DC heard http://woldcnews.com/1017127/mitt-romneys-naacp-speech-hes-wasnt-even-pretending-to-care/ Hey, it worked for Bill Clinton and Sister Souljah http://mobile.nationaljournal.com/2012-presidential-campaign/does-romney-need-a-sister-souljah-moment–20120312 In other Communisty news, Jesse Jackson Jr, a current member of the US House from Chicago has vanished without explanation. Dad … Continue reading
If you remember chasing after the Mr Softee truck as a child, this development may interest you. Social media and food trucks are already disrupting brick and mortar restaurants. Why pay property taxes to the city, collect sales tax, … Continue reading
Not radio http://tritondigital.com/Media/Default/Documents/2012-06-01-Media-Influence-Survey.pdf Triton Digital did a survey to find out which sources of information people trust. TV is still the answer – radio scored 18% lagging behind the 20% dismal number for newspapers. While the pressure must be intense … Continue reading