- Fred Stiening said A local update on Emmie https://www.ibj.com/articles/after-years-of-pruning-emmis-ready-for-reinvention
- Fred Stiening said So one of ESPN’s hosts named Dan le Batard decided that he was going to defy his bosses at Disney and go into a screed about what a racist President Donald Trump is. Mr. Le batard spent 16 years...
- Fred Stiening said I am not sure of the legalisms here, but I am finding FM translators being promoted on the website of the primary station, when the FCC status shows it’s still a construction permit. For exampl...
- Fred Stiening said The customer who was shot is now well enough to talk to the TV station https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/customer-injured-in-steak-n-shake-shooting-said-employee-killed-was-the-hero/967926745 He was n...
- Fred Stiening said One of his past ventures is called VeggieTales, an animated series of anthropomorphized vegetables who spread the love of Jesus https://www.veggietales.com/
- Fred Stiening said So IHRT is now on sale. NASDAQ allowed them to register for direct trading, rather than launching an IPO. This means the sellers at the moment are the lender who received the stock as part of the bank...
- Fred Stiening said Washington Times Wesley Pruden has died https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/jul/17/wes-pruden-washington-times-editor-and-columnist-d/ So has former supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens. The...
- Fred Stiening said Poll flashback on wafel https://streamingradioguide.com/show-poll.php?pollnum=1262
- CC1s121LrBGT said I have actually listened to WAPS off and on for about 15 years. It is very professionally run, better than most NPR stations. It has music I like and no commercials. I dropped it from my favorites li...
- Fred Stiening said Thursday is the 50th anniversary of Ted Kennedy’s stupidity costing him any chances of becoming president some day https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/scott-whitlock/2019/07/10/50-years-chappaq...
- Fred Stiening said Given that my list is 20 years old oh, I thought it might be a good idea to update the market sizes. I went to the official Nielsen list, and realize there’s a major piece of deception going on....
- Fred Stiening said In case you were wondering, the arch is made from elk antlers
- Fred Stiening said The latest homicides involve three men with Hispanic names found shot in an apartment complex, two of whom were dead when police arrived. This part of Charlotte is the part where the working class wh...
- Fred Stiening said Seriously, why does a high school need a radio station with a $1.6 million dollar budget? https://www.ohio.com/news/20190715/akron-schools-public-radio-station-could-be-model-for-columbus-operations-s...
- Fred Stiening said The backstory https://www.christianitytoday.com/news/2018/january/moody-bible-president-paul-nyquist-resigns-julie-roys-fired.html
- EMF has a new leader
- Searching for McGouda
- Iconic heritage AM station fades away
- Amazon Prime Day
- Live from Jackson Hole, Wyoming
- Revision to metro areas
- Buh-buy Mapleton
- Station Search – new and improved
- The month for grilling
- Cox sells its radio division to early SiriusXM investor
- You are worth $67 per year to radio
- The FX explosion
- No mas! ESPN Deportes closing
- How to make a small fortune in radio…
- The death of America’s rural radio, according to the Guardian(.UK)
- Breaking up is hard to do
- June knows heat
- ¿Hablas Cumulus?
- Mother, MAY I?
- The Problem with Flint, Michigan
- In the radio news…
- Sri Lanka
- The Changing Radio Audience
- Rap – the new “Country” music
- Would you buy stock in a “new” iHeartRadio?
- The end of WBT-AM
- Creeping censorship
- Bruce Williams has died
- The Green Great Leap Forward
- Entercom, the 900 pound gorilla
- System rollback
- Cumulus bails on New York City
- How Doc Thompson was killed by a quiet zone
- Google neutrality?
- The New Edge
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Category Archives: Energy Supply
You didn’t read about this anywhere http://fuelfix.com/blog/2017/04/04/dakota-access-pipeline-complete-readying-for-operations/ With the environmental protestors and their truckloads of gargabe gone, construction of the pipeline from the Bakken oil fields to Illinois is complete. The operator has begun filling the pipeline with oil to … Continue reading
Quebec Paves Way for Oil, Gas Exploration With New Energy Plan Bloomberg reports: Quebec’s legislature passed a bill that will pave the way for more oil and gas exploration, providing a boost to drillers such as Junex Inc. while drawing … Continue reading
This is an ominous sign Bloomberg In August, New York Harbor closed to ships delivering gasoline because there was nowhere to put it. When the Colonial Pipeline broke, Gasoline to New York stopped. Being on the far end, the terminals … Continue reading
Congress is set to adjourn this week and not return until after the election. President Obama has officially vetoed the bill allowing lawsuits by families of 9/11 victims to sue the government of Saudi Arabia for its role in funding … Continue reading
Well, at least enough to buy a burger at Zach’s hamburgers… Back in the 1970s, as a good loyal Duke Power employee, I bought company stock and forgot it. In 1997, Duke Power decided they wanted to be in the … Continue reading
People have publicly been warning this could happen. A few years ago, I wrote up some information about Cushing. M5.6 quake near Cushing OK Cushing is something of a historic artifact. Oil futures contracts in the United States are based … Continue reading
The financial times of London is reporting the results of a global survey of oil reserves http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/7525f1dc-41d6-11e6-9b66-0712b3873ae1.html The report estimates the world’s oil reserves at 2.1 trillion barrels, which is 70 years of production at current levels. In 1979, President … Continue reading
[Written June 29, 2014] This is one of the longest standing beliefs of Rush Limbaugh – that Greenpeace and other environmental groups are motivated by forces wanting to destroy the US economic influence, not really protect the environment http://fortune.com/2014/06/27/russias-secret-energy-war/?xid=tab_top30
For a mere $14,500, the future of cars is here. The Smart Car ForTwo is waiting for you. This car was in the parking lot of a very large outdoor shopping mall. The Smart car is fighting against the mathematics … Continue reading