Popular PostsThe 15 most visited posts in last 60 days:
- I-85 collapse in Atlanta
- No need to lie
- Tunein has legal issues
- Triton Digital is being assimilated
- The Smoking gun in Texas
- Russ Martin dead at age 60
- Rush Limbaugh dead at age 70
- Clark Howard gives 30 day notice
- Alpha Media files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
- iHeart terminates Steve Sommers for talking politics
- Caving to the digital overlords
- The new WABC-AM
- Assorted Updates
- EMF / K-Love / Air1 leaving California
- The New and improved Dana Loesch
- Macky said Fred, this is my first time posting. I check in regularly and I appreciate the insights that you and the other users provide. Please keep it going! It is a bright spot in dark times.
- RebelSansClue said Can’t be any worse than the guy they got now.
- RebelSansClue said Well, it is streaming RADIO guide after all.
- RebelSansClue said I’m reading this. I don’t check every day, but I still read it.
- Fred Stiening said It’s hard to avoid the conclusion that nobody is reading any of this.
- Fred Stiening said TV information is being phased out. It was never really part of the mission of the website, although it was interesting during the digital TV transition.
- Fred Stiening said Yesterday morning, I had a chat with somebody at the FCC at their help desk. He was trying very hard to be helpful, and he actually knew more than I expected. The media bureau is its own division. It has a hundred years worth of legacy it has to deal...
- Fred Stiening said This problem has not fixed itself. I sent an email this morning to a person who probably can get the message to the right person. Interestingly, when I call the fcc’s toll free number of this morning, it could not complete the call as all the...
- Fred Stiening said Markley, van Camp and Robbins is a contender, but need a shorter name. It is a three guy ensemble show pretending to be right wing conservatives. The show is appearing on a wide variety of owners, and Markley has been around for quite a while. All...
- Fred Stiening said Seems to be broken 8^(
- Fred Stiening said Urban family Radio seems to have gone away. EMF, the company behind K-Love decided they needed to target non-white audiences a few years ago. It appears to have not worked out. The last update on their website was around Christmas time. Chasing aft...
- Fred Stiening said Moody Bible realizes there is no future in AM radio https://www.dailyherald.com/amp-article/20210402/business/210409886/ WMBI-AM was the flagship of the Moody Bible Institute’s Radio Network based in Chicago. Because Moody did not have access...
Category Archives: Unauthorized Food
The New York Times is glad to print the report from the Department of human husbandry that the current pig crop has been modified to reduce its calorie count. http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/07/28/upshot/how-changing-attitudes-went-along-with-a-drop-in-calories.html?_r=0&referrer= Now that progress has been made, further efforts can be … Continue reading →
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/05/18/us-usa-meat-idUSKBN0O31G820150518 This is going to get ugly fast. The WTO has ruled that you don’t have a right to know where your meat came from. First is the mitigating factors – steers are frequently not born, raised and slaughtered in … Continue reading →
It took 10 years for former Radio Talk show host Dean Edell to get the government to admit it was wrong. Somehow Doctor Edell, who lives in San Francisco and is a liberal politically, managed to make it through medical … Continue reading →
The CEO of McDonald’s stepped down today. I didn’t know until today that he was an “African American”, but I think at least that explains the recent screwup with the “Lovin BEATS hatein’” ad campaign that was pulled at the … Continue reading →
I despise Supermarkets that demand you use “frequent shopper” loyalty cards to get their bogus “discounts” – effectively a surcharge if you refuse to allow your purchases to be recorded into “big data” for whatever future purpose. I have started … Continue reading →
My brother is currently in Russia as a tourist, burning up his frequent flier miles from working as n Obamacare consultant. I thought I would check on the state of American tourism in Russia. Krispy Kreme on Red Square What … Continue reading →
I promise to not make this a daily feature, but it ties together several recent topics Very long time readers like WesternMA know that in 2009 I wound up in the hospital for 4 days after passing out and hitting … Continue reading →
http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/health-26014693 I guess I missed the scientific double blind studies connecting sugar with cancer.
One of the mileposts of societal decay was a movie called “Faces of Death” that purported to show people dying. I never saw it, so I can’t tell you a lot more. As one often does in YouTube, you can … Continue reading →
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/diet-soda-drinkers-consume-more-calories-study/ A 10 year study with a large sample (24,000) finds that people consuming diet soda take in more calories from food as those who drink sugary sodas. http://www.cbsnews.com/news/diet-soda-drinkers-consume-more-calories-study/ This is not news that diet soda has significant negative health … Continue reading →