Popular PostsThe 15 most visited posts in last 60 days:
- iHeart terminates Steve Sommers for talking politics
- Getting Caught Up
- Michael "Savage" Weiner seeks freedom
- The Dubious Media
- GDPR Notice
- The '80s until now
- The ethics of vaccine testing
- Is all-digital the future of AM radio?
- The Decline of the Dickey Empire
- Public Radio station WAMU turns off website comments
- Caving to the digital overlords
- Alexa Bombing
- Coloring the News
- June knows heat
- Do you see problems?
- RebelSansClue said Meh. No big loss. His web site looks about 2004ish. Really amateurish.
- Fred Stiening said Journeyman radio host Mancow is leaving WLS-AM in Chicago at the end of the month
- Fred Stiening said After I wrote that, one station defaulted to using iHeartRadio for the stream. How Amazon decides which streaming service to use I have no idea. It appears that you can tell Alexa which streaming service you want to use.
- Fred Stiening said The flip side is – what is to prevent a vaccine maker to claim their vaccine is 90% effective if it is a placebo and 80% are not susceptible to infection. The election is over after all. The Trump pandemic is over.
- Fred Stiening said I am blaming that on auto correct 😛 Crosley went on to dabble in the car business.
- Sparkey Johansen said Reporting a single keystroke typo: Powel Crosley Jr., not Crowley. I am refurbishing a Crosley 11-125U for a friend.
- Fred Stiening said One of my complaints about “big radio” is they tend to view on-air hosts as interchangeable. Inga lived and worked in the Central valley. She knew the people and politics of managing water resources, and the reliance on seasonal immigra...
- Fred Stiening said The WLW program director http://mediaconfidential.blogspot.com/2013/11/shocker-darryl-parks-out-at-clear.html
- RebelSansClue said Yes, of course. Whenever I engage with someone, I always find it better and more productive if they’re gagged and can’t respond.
- fhiggins said 12-15 years ago, KERN was one of my “go to” stations. She was young, what a shame.
- Fred Stiening said Inga Barks has died. She was a Conservative radio host in Bakersfield California, in the heart of the Central Valley. She was 53 years old. She was on the phone with a relative (probably her son) saying that she was not feeling well, and had a cou...
- Fred Stiening said https://cases.primeclerk.com/iHeartMedia/ If you want to see what a $20 billion bankruptcy looks like
Category Archives: Unauthorized Food
The New York Times is glad to print the report from the Department of human husbandry that the current pig crop has been modified to reduce its calorie count. http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/07/28/upshot/how-changing-attitudes-went-along-with-a-drop-in-calories.html?_r=0&referrer= Now that progress has been made, further efforts can be … Continue reading →
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/05/18/us-usa-meat-idUSKBN0O31G820150518 This is going to get ugly fast. The WTO has ruled that you don’t have a right to know where your meat came from. First is the mitigating factors – steers are frequently not born, raised and slaughtered in … Continue reading →
It took 10 years for former Radio Talk show host Dean Edell to get the government to admit it was wrong. Somehow Doctor Edell, who lives in San Francisco and is a liberal politically, managed to make it through medical … Continue reading →
The CEO of McDonald’s stepped down today. I didn’t know until today that he was an “African American”, but I think at least that explains the recent screwup with the “Lovin BEATS hatein’” ad campaign that was pulled at the … Continue reading →
I despise Supermarkets that demand you use “frequent shopper” loyalty cards to get their bogus “discounts” – effectively a surcharge if you refuse to allow your purchases to be recorded into “big data” for whatever future purpose. I have started … Continue reading →
My brother is currently in Russia as a tourist, burning up his frequent flier miles from working as n Obamacare consultant. I thought I would check on the state of American tourism in Russia. Krispy Kreme on Red Square What … Continue reading →
I promise to not make this a daily feature, but it ties together several recent topics Very long time readers like WesternMA know that in 2009 I wound up in the hospital for 4 days after passing out and hitting … Continue reading →
http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/health-26014693 I guess I missed the scientific double blind studies connecting sugar with cancer.
One of the mileposts of societal decay was a movie called “Faces of Death” that purported to show people dying. I never saw it, so I can’t tell you a lot more. As one often does in YouTube, you can … Continue reading →
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/diet-soda-drinkers-consume-more-calories-study/ A 10 year study with a large sample (24,000) finds that people consuming diet soda take in more calories from food as those who drink sugary sodas. http://www.cbsnews.com/news/diet-soda-drinkers-consume-more-calories-study/ This is not news that diet soda has significant negative health … Continue reading →