Popular PostsThe 15 most visited posts in last 60 days:
- Getting Caught Up
- K&W cafeterias files for bankruptcy
- Clear Channel, the final chapter
- June knows heat
- Et tu, Julyus?
- Do you see problems?
- Website Status
- LFPINC and marketing 101
- Michael "Savage" Weiner seeks freedom
- SEPTA, the month of brotherly love
- Send in the Clouds
- Resumption of service
- Coloring the News
- To Infinity and Beyond
- Stale FCC data
- Fred Stiening said The listen to a random station button on the main page actually works now. https://streamingradioguide.com/listenrand.php Initially, it just chooses one out of around 12,000 stations. You can limit it to a category like “country music” a...
- Fred Stiening said Randi Rhodes has resurfaced after “leaving corporate America for 10 years”. The handful of stations clinging to progressive talk don’t have enough programming to fill a schedule, so they backfill with Coast to Coast, Clark Howard,...
- Fred Stiening said Alex Jones is passing along the claim that the vidoes from Hunter Biden’s hard drive show him having sex with underage Chinese girls. Is it illegal to go to another country to engage in sexual acts that would be illegal in the United States? Y...
- Parrott said Well Carp ! those were the days, going to my favorite knife and gun club, listening to the Cigar Dave show live on WFNR on Saturday afternoons. Cigar dave no longer syndicated, the 1998 Jeep needs a radiator and is parked in the back yard. Sell...
- Fred Stiening said A caller to the Money Pit let the cat out of the bag. Many shows in radio syndication are not live – they are fake live. Click and Clack was the best show at hiding this. The phone number mentioned on the phone connects you to voicemail wher...
- Fred Stiening said Alpha Male Cigar Dave is gone. His syndicated show ended abruptly in June. He is still available on a free podcast on his website
- Fred Stiening said Maybe I should’ve been a reporter in another life. A key question that nobody appears to be asking about the hunter Biden story… One of the pictures from the MacBook shows Hunter Biden asleep with a crack pipe hanging out of his mouth. Who took...
- Fred Stiening said On a positive note, I learned today that the Golden Corral Buffet in Greensboro has reopened and offering both pickup and delivery and dining room. Of the ways I consume food, Golden Buffet is by far the healthiest. I used Grubhub for delivery an...
- Fred Stiening said I am "shocked" that an India born feminist who got her law degree from New York University would not understand the idea of freedom https://www.law.nyu.edu/centers/birnbaum-womens-leadership-network/podcasts/gadde
- Fred Stiening said Twitter is grateful for the feedback it has received and significantly changed its policy. https://mobile.twitter.com/vijaya Even journalists who want Joe Biden to win would object to a legitimate journalist and the White House Press Secretary being...
- Fred Stiening said In the dog eat dog world of Truth, Twitter is suspending anyone who links to the NY Post story, not even referring to the allegedly “hacked” data. If you give someone the password to your device and they look at your device, that is not “hacking” h...
- Fred Stiening said It looks like the problem was caused by a “php compatibility” plugin being pushed by the folks who maintain the WordPress software. Let me know if you still see any problems
Category Archives: Mobile Streaming
The folks at Live365 used the performance royalty hike from $.14 per hundred songs to $.17 as the reason for firing their employees and ceasing operations. Live365 was never a major player in streaming. Most of its remaining clients were … Continue reading
Yesterday was much more important to radio than the Fed interest rates. THe copyright royalty Board (CRB) made its decision what the fair amount to pay for playing music is over the Internet for the next 5 years. * Boring … Continue reading
One of the last major decisions of the Dickey brothers at Cumulus was an agreement to switch their online streaming to Rdio. The announcement came out of nowhere and the sudden conversion of the Cumulus websites went poorly – the … Continue reading
Maybe the FCC has saved AM radio, but nothing will save desktop computers. The just released metrics from Nielsen’s Triton digital is that 73.8% of all streaming is now done from mobile devices, mostly iDevices and Android.
HDRadio is the brand name and trademark for Ibiquity’s digital over the air radio that won FCC approval as the official (patented and proprietary) delivery method for AM and FM digital radio in 2002. It permits CD quality AM and … Continue reading
Tunein introduced a new paid subscription service. The main feature is 600 channels will be available without commercials, with carefully selected filler music covering the commercial breaks, along with Baseball. http://techcrunch.com/2015/08/25/tunein-launches-tunein-premium-with-ad-free-radio-audiobooks-mlb-games/ Tunein is a much bigger deal than SRGuide is … Continue reading
The CEO of Emmis Radio has been on a campaign for a long time to get cell phone makers to enable their capability to listen to FM radio stations (the Wifi connection is itself just an FM receiver, so this … Continue reading
http://news.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/headline_id=n31469 I believe that makes it official.
Nullsoft was the company behind Winamp and Shoucast, the MP3 streaming service. They used to be the main rival to Microsoft’s Windows Media Player. They got sucked into the AOL bubble at the point AOL was sucking the hardest – … Continue reading
GM has sided with Google. At their developers conference, Google laid out their vision for many things, one of which is Android Auto Working in conjunction with your Android phone, your console can show turn by turn navigation, make phone … Continue reading