- Fred Stiening said A local update on Emmie https://www.ibj.com/articles/after-years-of-pruning-emmis-ready-for-reinvention
- Fred Stiening said So one of ESPN’s hosts named Dan le Batard decided that he was going to defy his bosses at Disney and go into a screed about what a racist President Donald Trump is. Mr. Le batard spent 16 years...
- Fred Stiening said I am not sure of the legalisms here, but I am finding FM translators being promoted on the website of the primary station, when the FCC status shows it’s still a construction permit. For exampl...
- Fred Stiening said The customer who was shot is now well enough to talk to the TV station https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/customer-injured-in-steak-n-shake-shooting-said-employee-killed-was-the-hero/967926745 He was n...
- Fred Stiening said One of his past ventures is called VeggieTales, an animated series of anthropomorphized vegetables who spread the love of Jesus https://www.veggietales.com/
- Fred Stiening said So IHRT is now on sale. NASDAQ allowed them to register for direct trading, rather than launching an IPO. This means the sellers at the moment are the lender who received the stock as part of the bank...
- Fred Stiening said Washington Times Wesley Pruden has died https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/jul/17/wes-pruden-washington-times-editor-and-columnist-d/ So has former supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens. The...
- Fred Stiening said Poll flashback on wafel https://streamingradioguide.com/show-poll.php?pollnum=1262
- CC1s121LrBGT said I have actually listened to WAPS off and on for about 15 years. It is very professionally run, better than most NPR stations. It has music I like and no commercials. I dropped it from my favorites li...
- Fred Stiening said Thursday is the 50th anniversary of Ted Kennedy’s stupidity costing him any chances of becoming president some day https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/scott-whitlock/2019/07/10/50-years-chappaq...
- Fred Stiening said Given that my list is 20 years old oh, I thought it might be a good idea to update the market sizes. I went to the official Nielsen list, and realize there’s a major piece of deception going on....
- Fred Stiening said In case you were wondering, the arch is made from elk antlers
- Fred Stiening said The latest homicides involve three men with Hispanic names found shot in an apartment complex, two of whom were dead when police arrived. This part of Charlotte is the part where the working class wh...
- Fred Stiening said Seriously, why does a high school need a radio station with a $1.6 million dollar budget? https://www.ohio.com/news/20190715/akron-schools-public-radio-station-could-be-model-for-columbus-operations-s...
- Fred Stiening said The backstory https://www.christianitytoday.com/news/2018/january/moody-bible-president-paul-nyquist-resigns-julie-roys-fired.html
- EMF has a new leader
- Searching for McGouda
- Iconic heritage AM station fades away
- Amazon Prime Day
- Live from Jackson Hole, Wyoming
- Revision to metro areas
- Buh-buy Mapleton
- Station Search – new and improved
- The month for grilling
- Cox sells its radio division to early SiriusXM investor
- You are worth $67 per year to radio
- The FX explosion
- No mas! ESPN Deportes closing
- How to make a small fortune in radio…
- The death of America’s rural radio, according to the Guardian(.UK)
- Breaking up is hard to do
- June knows heat
- ¿Hablas Cumulus?
- Mother, MAY I?
- The Problem with Flint, Michigan
- In the radio news…
- Sri Lanka
- The Changing Radio Audience
- Rap – the new “Country” music
- Would you buy stock in a “new” iHeartRadio?
- The end of WBT-AM
- Creeping censorship
- Bruce Williams has died
- The Green Great Leap Forward
- Entercom, the 900 pound gorilla
- System rollback
- Cumulus bails on New York City
- How Doc Thompson was killed by a quiet zone
- Google neutrality?
- The New Edge
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Monthly Archives: December 2014
AP news coverage God works in mysterious ways. You may have heard that a Walmart store in Idaho was killed by a two year old. Hold on a second – that’s not right. The child did not shoot the store, … Continue reading
6 days of data (source: Charlotte Observer) What – me worry? Remember that the primary purpose of government and newspapers is to scare you. Let’s have a look at homicide for the past 6 months – Charlotte’s population is about … Continue reading
January will see the arrival of the much anticipated generic top of the hour news. Cumulus is dropping ABC News and Westwood One (owned by Cumulus) ended NBC Radio News on December 14th. To save costs, Cumulus will be using … Continue reading
President Obama’s “Smart” war in Afghanistan is over. Of course, the objective of killing Osama Bin Ladin had nothing to do with Afghanistan, as he was found in a safe house in Pakistan, being protected by the Pakistani secret police. … Continue reading
Securenet is one of the survivors in the radio streaming business. Unlike iHeartRadio, Rdio, SiriusXM, Tunein, Stitcher, etc – aggregators who put many stations in one App, Securenet sells apps to stations one at a time. Joining an aggregator just … Continue reading
The major market ratings came out today. The suffocation of the former ABC AM radio stations continues * New York * WABC-AM – 1.5% share (-0.3) Now half the audience of NPR WNYC-FM WPLJ-FM – 2.1 (-0.4) OK, it’s FM … Continue reading
Last night, while “checking” to see if John Bachelor was still on WABC-AM in New York, I noticed the entry said Seaton Hall College Basketball might be on the air instead. It occurred to me that I haven’t heard live … Continue reading
Imagine that you’re driving down a residential street – and when you stop at a stop sign, a person in a car labeled “official government business” pulls you over. They walk up to your window and I announce – “hello, … Continue reading
While people are distracted, Cumulus Media announced the post-holiday replacement for Larry Elder on KABC-AM in Los Angeles from 3-6 PM Pacific Time. Dr Drew Pinsky and a sidekick do a two hour show on Westwood One from 1-3 AM … Continue reading
Should you ever think Jimmy Carter is not a moron, reread his energy speech from 1977 http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/features/primary-resources/carter-energy/ Carter advises that all of the world’s oil resources will be gone by 1990, and the solution is to force electric utilities to … Continue reading