- Fred Stiening said This may be the end of progressive talk radio https://thehill.com/homenews/media/444232-bill-press-to-end-his-daily-radio-show (The WordPress database was clobbered again, so a few comments were lost)...
- Fred Stiening said Grumpy cat has died https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/17/business/media/grumpy-cat-dead.html
- Fred Stiening said I can’t wait for my free cheese!
- CC1s121LrBGT said ..but one less father. The father of KFI’s Tim Conway Jr. has passed away. Better known than the son, the son has a good local show: https://kfiam640.iheart.com/featured/tim-conway-jr/ “...
- Mark said Alma, with her 900 hats and 40 point victory margins, looks like a winner. You should be well represented.
- Fred Stiening said My taste in trains goes more to complex switching yards, train dispatching, interlockings, and more the business of freight rather than passenger trains. Google News told me about the Big Boy restor...
- Fred Stiening said I MAY have completed my move to Pineville NC. You MAY have heard there was a special election in the 9th Congressional district of NC. Because Republicans have no party discipline, something like 8 pe...
- Mark said I know you have a passion for trains. Recently I rode on the California Zephyr from Osceola, IA to Denver, CO with my 9-year old son. On our return home to Minnesota, I saw that the Curbside Classic w...
- Fred Stiening said When I was living in Flint Township, the voters of Flint decided to vote for Mayor based on skin color, not ability. Even to my somewhat naive street smarts, it was obvious prostitution and drug dea...
- Fred Stiening said I had Disqus on here for a few weeks. It was interesting to see how it works. I was a little concerned because the way icons were handled could in theory confirm the email address of the commenter...
- JayMar said Look at Disqus Conservatively Speaking. Everyone cuts and paste articles from other sources and everyone participates in the discussion. It’s quite entertaining, informative, and it allows for y...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Diversity is an oxymoron: https://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/tv/z-on-tv-blog/bs-fe-zontv-wjz-bubala-babj-20190506-story.html
- CC1s121LrBGT said The Democrats have not changed their playbook in 100 years. from 1915 to 1960, they flooded the northern cities with poor people, mostly blacks, from the south by offering very generous welfare benefi...
- TheChairman said The problem with Flint is embodied in a single snippet from the DC article: “In November 2017, Mays was sentenced to a week of community service for pawning his city-issued laptop nine times. As...
- TheJerseyDevil said I might, but I like the monthly “general” blog post as a way to post links to stories because it can encourage discussion and commentary on the articles. But the “In the Radio News...
- Mother, MAY I?
- The Problem with Flint, Michigan
- In the radio news…
- Sri Lanka
- The Changing Radio Audience
- Rap – the new “Country” music
- Would you buy stock in a “new” iHeartRadio?
- The end of WBT-AM
- Creeping censorship
- Bruce Williams has died
- The Green Great Leap Forward
- Entercom, the 900 pound gorilla
- System rollback
- Cumulus bails on New York City
- How Doc Thompson was killed by a quiet zone
- Google neutrality?
- The New Edge
- IHeart/Clear Channel bankruptcy gets final signoff
- State of the Union
- The Nordic Gender Paradox
- Inside Public Radio
- More money for bike trails
- Bird Box Challenge
- New Year brings New Changes
- California high speed rail update
- Tom Taylor to retire at 70
- This may be final post
- Health update
- Weekly Standard to fold?
- More year-end syndication changes
- NBC Sports radio to end most daytime syndication
- Miami Herald unloads on Jeffrey Epstein
- Censoring critics of censorship
- Laura Ingraham and Medved leaving talk radio
- Who are the fascists?
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Monthly Archives: December 2014
AP news coverage God works in mysterious ways. You may have heard that a Walmart store in Idaho was killed by a two year old. Hold on a second – that’s not right. The child did not shoot the store, … Continue reading
6 days of data (source: Charlotte Observer) What – me worry? Remember that the primary purpose of government and newspapers is to scare you. Let’s have a look at homicide for the past 6 months – Charlotte’s population is about … Continue reading
January will see the arrival of the much anticipated generic top of the hour news. Cumulus is dropping ABC News and Westwood One (owned by Cumulus) ended NBC Radio News on December 14th. To save costs, Cumulus will be using … Continue reading
President Obama’s “Smart” war in Afghanistan is over. Of course, the objective of killing Osama Bin Ladin had nothing to do with Afghanistan, as he was found in a safe house in Pakistan, being protected by the Pakistani secret police. … Continue reading
Securenet is one of the survivors in the radio streaming business. Unlike iHeartRadio, Rdio, SiriusXM, Tunein, Stitcher, etc – aggregators who put many stations in one App, Securenet sells apps to stations one at a time. Joining an aggregator just … Continue reading
The major market ratings came out today. The suffocation of the former ABC AM radio stations continues * New York * WABC-AM – 1.5% share (-0.3) Now half the audience of NPR WNYC-FM WPLJ-FM – 2.1 (-0.4) OK, it’s FM … Continue reading
Last night, while “checking” to see if John Bachelor was still on WABC-AM in New York, I noticed the entry said Seaton Hall College Basketball might be on the air instead. It occurred to me that I haven’t heard live … Continue reading
Imagine that you’re driving down a residential street – and when you stop at a stop sign, a person in a car labeled “official government business” pulls you over. They walk up to your window and I announce – “hello, … Continue reading
While people are distracted, Cumulus Media announced the post-holiday replacement for Larry Elder on KABC-AM in Los Angeles from 3-6 PM Pacific Time. Dr Drew Pinsky and a sidekick do a two hour show on Westwood One from 1-3 AM … Continue reading
Should you ever think Jimmy Carter is not a moron, reread his energy speech from 1977 http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/features/primary-resources/carter-energy/ Carter advises that all of the world’s oil resources will be gone by 1990, and the solution is to force electric utilities to … Continue reading