- Parrott said huh, WRVA is ‘entercom’. I didn’t know that. When they played music in the 70’s and 80’s there were WRVA bumper stickers on cars all over Virginia. Now someone i...
- Parrott said Probably not Fred. Bummer. I remember when they tore down WJJJ studio and transmitter in Christiansburg, VA. back in 1995. Sucked. I remember touring the station when I was a kid in 1974 with my...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Interesting. At a quick glance, KMOX and WPHT (ex-WCAU) have been OO CBS as far back as my childhood. WPHT is interesting as it has dropped Rush before. Many suburban stations with Rush cover Philade...
- Fred Stiening said A nuance to that announcement. Most of the heritage CBS AM stations do not carry Rush. When Mel Karmizen was still running Infinity Broadcasting, his stations carried Rush, which continued after the...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Per today’s announcement, the 900 pound gorilla will be in the room with “a long-term contract extension” on 15 Entercom talk stations across the country. (per https://radioink.com/...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Crazy. I just verified that myself the other day. I was looking for any non Cumulus station that plays Plante live. All the Cumulus stations had the “Newts Whirled” pre-roll and it was not...
- CC1s121LrBGT said I just found this list of “Paranormal Radio” and you may enjoy some of the shows listed. https://paranormal.talkstreamlive.com/
- CC1s121LrBGT said Three cheers for C.C. ! A man ahead of his time- he knew car & roof went together long before Sen Mitt Romney! 😉
- CC1s121LrBGT said ZeroHedge is now banned in New Zealand… at least on the Vodaphone ISP. https://twitter.com/kylenz99/status/1107080253573226496/photo/1
- haiti222 said I also was a big time listener to Bruce Williams. I use the things he taught a lot, and have given his advice to others over the years. A real credit to the NJ that he loved and then the FL he adopted...
- foyle said Jim Bohannon played a clip on his show as a tribute to Bruce after his death.It was that exact tale (of how he got his start in radio). I enjoyed hearing Bruce’ voice once again. I can remember...
- Mark said Fred: Your Bruce Williams dialogue is dead-on. He touted success through hard work and learning. Just pursuing your dream without knowledge and a plan was likely to end in failure. I always loved his...
- CC1s121LrBGT said oops- https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-03-12/facebook-reverses-zero-hedge-ban-says-it-made-mistake
- Fred Stiening said Alphabet is upping its game against the alt-right https://www.engadget.com/amp/2019/03/12/alphabet-chrome-extension-toxic-comments/
- Parrott said Thanks CC, I will try her out. I think Lynchburg VA, WIQO /WNMA has Clark Howard on this morning. What the crap is that? Where is Chris Plante ? best parrott
- The end of WBT-AM
- Creeping censorship
- Bruce Williams has died
- The Green Great Leap Forward
- Entercom, the 900 pound gorilla
- System rollback
- Cumulus bails on New York City
- How Doc Thompson was killed by a quiet zone
- Google neutrality?
- The New Edge
- IHeart/Clear Channel bankruptcy gets final signoff
- State of the Union
- The Nordic Gender Paradox
- Inside Public Radio
- More money for bike trails
- Bird Box Challenge
- New Year brings New Changes
- California high speed rail update
- Tom Taylor to retire at 70
- This may be final post
- Health update
- Weekly Standard to fold?
- More year-end syndication changes
- NBC Sports radio to end most daytime syndication
- Miami Herald unloads on Jeffrey Epstein
- Censoring critics of censorship
- Laura Ingraham and Medved leaving talk radio
- Who are the fascists?
- Old Charlotte
- The reality of racial fear
- The bombs were fake
- Santa Trump is coming to town
- 1st amendment and commercial speech
- Free Investment Advice
- Migrant caravan turned back by riot police at Mexican border!
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Monthly Archives: December 2014
AP news coverage God works in mysterious ways. You may have heard that a Walmart store in Idaho was killed by a two year old. Hold on a second – that’s not right. The child did not shoot the store, … Continue reading
6 days of data (source: Charlotte Observer) What – me worry? Remember that the primary purpose of government and newspapers is to scare you. Let’s have a look at homicide for the past 6 months – Charlotte’s population is about … Continue reading
January will see the arrival of the much anticipated generic top of the hour news. Cumulus is dropping ABC News and Westwood One (owned by Cumulus) ended NBC Radio News on December 14th. To save costs, Cumulus will be using … Continue reading
President Obama’s “Smart” war in Afghanistan is over. Of course, the objective of killing Osama Bin Ladin had nothing to do with Afghanistan, as he was found in a safe house in Pakistan, being protected by the Pakistani secret police. … Continue reading
Securenet is one of the survivors in the radio streaming business. Unlike iHeartRadio, Rdio, SiriusXM, Tunein, Stitcher, etc – aggregators who put many stations in one App, Securenet sells apps to stations one at a time. Joining an aggregator just … Continue reading
The major market ratings came out today. The suffocation of the former ABC AM radio stations continues * New York * WABC-AM – 1.5% share (-0.3) Now half the audience of NPR WNYC-FM WPLJ-FM – 2.1 (-0.4) OK, it’s FM … Continue reading
Last night, while “checking” to see if John Bachelor was still on WABC-AM in New York, I noticed the entry said Seaton Hall College Basketball might be on the air instead. It occurred to me that I haven’t heard live … Continue reading
Imagine that you’re driving down a residential street – and when you stop at a stop sign, a person in a car labeled “official government business” pulls you over. They walk up to your window and I announce – “hello, … Continue reading
While people are distracted, Cumulus Media announced the post-holiday replacement for Larry Elder on KABC-AM in Los Angeles from 3-6 PM Pacific Time. Dr Drew Pinsky and a sidekick do a two hour show on Westwood One from 1-3 AM … Continue reading
Should you ever think Jimmy Carter is not a moron, reread his energy speech from 1977 http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/features/primary-resources/carter-energy/ Carter advises that all of the world’s oil resources will be gone by 1990, and the solution is to force electric utilities to … Continue reading