- briand75 said Dems hate Trump so much – they overlook the fact that it was the American people who elected Trump. Which points out one interesting aspect – both parties have ignored the American people...
- Fred Stiening said Mr. Rosenwald of course is full of crap. He asserts that it is talk radio that got Donald Trump elected. Just off the top of my head, Glenn Beck, Mark Levin, and Hugh Hewitt were firmly anti Trump and...
- Fred Stiening said Dualng astroturfing Daily caller on Hillary's campaign to destroy talk radio with seminar callers https://www.dailywire.com/news/51641/report-democrats-supported-clinton-white-house-hank-berrien P...
- CC1s121LrBGT said New Jersey does something similar – school budgets and boards are not elected in November when everyone votes, but sometime in the spring when only people with children will vote and vote for pe...
- Fred Stiening said The city of Charlotte was holding is primary as well, which I did not know until I saw the election results. The primary election for everything else is in October. The good news for people who still...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Either way, its "hate speech" and I thought "hate speech" was a "hate crime" (previously called a "thought crime").
- TheJerseyDevil said She was actually the leader of the now-defunct Progressive Conservative Party. Kim Campbell took over for Reagan's buddy Brian Mulroney and served six months in office before leading the former p...
- CC1s121LrBGT said "Correct orientation"? What is the difference between "orientation" and "gender" in 2019? Isn't that a one to many relationships? 😉 Remember people used to ask...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Hell no. This is Keto Nation… in fact, that would be a great name for traffic.
- Fred Stiening said Dan Bishop won. Two Mecklenburg County precincts held out until 11:00 pm but stealing 4,000 votes was beyond reach so McCreavy conceded So get your gender identity cards in order…
- Fred Stiening said The City Fathers and Mothers of former tobacco capital Winston-Salem North Carolina want to dump the name of the annual Dixie classic Fair. Wow, live music being performed on WTOB-AM
- Fred Stiening said I realize that there are things going on outside the radio cave, and I may be the last one to find out. I had to go to FedEx today to drop off a letter for my lawyer, and they have a big sign announci...
- Fred Stiening said Correct orientation Speaking of which, the author of the famous HB2 transgender bathroom bill is running in a special election tomorrow. Countess gets to vote, but I am now in the Alma Adams 12th dis...
- Fred Stiening said If I change the name of the blog to America loves Chick-fil-A macaroni and cheese, do you think it would increase traffic?
- CC1s121LrBGT said I always think of Elwood when I think of the Blues. Jake and Elwood, in fact. 😉
- Fred Stiening said If you peruse Elwood, IL on Google Earth, there are a significant number of huge facilities there. Walmart's is 3 million square feet. Other players are IKEA, Georgia Pacific, Samsung, ExxonMobi...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Need a federal program to build train tracks to the back of every Walmart.
- Fred Stiening said Some of my time recently is been learning about intermodal transportation. I have to admit I overestimated is possibilities for pulling trucks off the road. CSX built a huge facility in North Baltimor...
- Fred Stiening said Thinkprogress is shutting down
- Fred Stiening said What what is the question?
- CC1s121LrBGT said Did did everyone go? Is Setma cooking dinner for Setpa?
- CC1s121LrBGT said "Their version of Unix, the Berkeley Software Distribution (BSD), was picked up by developers at NeXT, the company Steve Jobs founded after leaving Apple in 1985. When Apple purchased NeXT in 199...
- CC1s121LrBGT said This was on WCSP 90.1 Washington, DC today (C-SPAN Radio) and is very interesting. It is four very smart articulate college students debating Libertarianism and Conservatism (the two main factions of...
- Fred Stiening said Howard Sprague had a deviated septum
- CC1s121LrBGT said South East Transporation Authority of Pennsylvania… flush that down to your septum tank. 😉 BTW- Ever wonder why the market tends to tank in septum?
- CC1s121LrBGT said That was the ex-Prime Minister of Canada… from the Liberal Pary, I believe.
- Fred Stiening said Looks like Dorian may completely miss Florida. The deranged cable TV commentor who wanted the hurricane to destroy President Trump's private club in Palm Beach apparently doesn't realize most...
- TheChairman said It's worse. Many people have been desensitized by all the blatant sensationalism and have become apathetic. This is why elderly people were left sitting in wheel chairs at a nursing home (with s...
- CC1s121LrBGT said I still like Matt Drudge, but there are many copy cats with different editorial tastes. Consider these, for example: https://www.drudge.com/ and https://thelibertydaily.com/ and https://liberty.news...
- Fred Stiening said Matt Drudge is becoming what I dislike about many newspapers. Right now, his front page has an image of an angry hurricane Dorian with a well formed eye just hours from devestating Florida. The probl...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Doesn't sound like a referral program from SuperCuts to get new customers. On a serious note, where is the anonymous tip line where people can call in to report illegal aliens and collect a perc...
- Fred Stiening said If Republicans cared about defeating Democrats, they would look for wedge issues like this: https://www.newspapers.com/clip/34865263/reward_offered_for_apache_scalps/ Mexico offering a reward for kill...
- Fred Stiening said What kind of campaign has the candidate refusing to talk to his campaign manager? https://dailycaller.com/2019/08/27/joe-walsh-trump-election/
- Fred Stiening said Burning man live streaming https://burningman.org/event/live-webcast/
- Fred Stiening said For reasons I don't understand, WordPress is stripping out links like the one in this post. My guess is it has something to do with the European anti-linking law. https://dailycaller.com/2019/08/2...
- Fred Stiening said No need to intervene. Traffic from Google has slowed to a trickle.
- CC1s121LrBGT said I say I get scared whenever I visit SRG – it is a dangerous site. Once I started a stream and the programming I heard was different because the SRG had incorrect programming data. It can cause c...
- Fred Stiening said Nonprofit, non-commercial air1 is currently running a contest giving away a Disney vacation. They are also selling tickets to some concert. This is been a point of dispute at the SCC as to whether a n...
- CC1s121LrBGT said "The 29-year-old songwriter said she began feeling conflicted about what the US stood for when “all the dirtiest tricks in the book were used and it worked”. The Pennsylvania-born musician descri...
- Fred Stiening said Looking in Google earth, what I see does not match my memory. However that visit was almost 50 years ago, so it's probable that building was torn down. Looking in the newspapers.com, the station h...
- Fred Stiening said The closest relevant memory I have was visiting in the radio station WHKY-AM in Hickory North Carolina. My dad was buddies with the station engineer, and I got to spend an hour or two out of the trans...
- Fred Stiening said You can see the effect of the new leadership if you visit the K-LOVE website. K-Love is clearly now targeted at women, more diverse, more young, and communicating through social media, apps and stream...
- briand75 said And the engineer used to monitor the flow of cooling water to the final transmitter tube(s). I don't remember if they were triodes or pentodes?
- briand75 said Aha – Fred we knew there was a small Latino aspect in your background 🙂
- CC1s121LrBGT said Yeah. I liken it to the naysayers complaining about Steve Job's "alternate reality field" during his presentations, voodoo doctors influencing people by telling them they will get them...
- Fred Stiening said Not owning an HD radio, I realize now that I did not understand the issue. In order to keep the HD signal synchronized with the analog signal in the situation you lose HD coverage – that means...
- CC1s121LrBGT said I've seen the term used to describe that President Trump was and is gaslighting middle America to think that he would be and is a good President. See for example these two books: https://www.am...
- Fred Stiening said Thank you for confirming what I was guessing by reading between the lines. so I guess Donald Trump is gas-lighting all of us to make us believe we are going crazy, at least the liberals amongst us.
- Fred Stiening said Univision Deportes (not ESPN) now directs people to https://www.tudn.com/ Most of the content concerns Soccer teams in Mexico, not Football or Baseball. There is not even a facade that their listener...
- CC1s121LrBGT said It is an interesting term in that it only became popular recently and is from a 1944 movie and 1938 book. It re-surfaced in recent years and became a pop-term because the Never-Trumpers used it as a...
- Septa is not just about public transit
- How Stupid is Joe Walsh?
- Podcasting explains why Amtrak is so bad
- What makes music popular?
- Improved All FCC Licenses Query
- Julyin' to yourself
- Does Jesus love Salem?
- Improved Stations by Frequency
- Playing country women fairly
- EMF has a new leader
- Searching for McGouda
- Iconic heritage AM station fades away
- Amazon Prime Day
- Live from Jackson Hole, Wyoming
- Revision to metro areas
- Buh-buy Mapleton
- Station Search – new and improved
- The month for grilling
- Cox sells its radio division to early SiriusXM investor
- You are worth $67 per year to radio
- The FX explosion
- No mas! ESPN Deportes closing
- How to make a small fortune in radio…
- The death of America’s rural radio, according to the Guardian(.UK)
- Breaking up is hard to do
- June knows heat
- ¿Hablas Cumulus?
- Mother, MAY I?
- The Problem with Flint, Michigan
- In the radio news…
- Sri Lanka
- The Changing Radio Audience
- Rap – the new “Country” music
- Would you buy stock in a “new” iHeartRadio?
- The end of WBT-AM
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Category Archives: Radio Owners
Newspaper coverage in the Atlanta Urinal and Constipation Just in time for the Donald Trump hateathon, Michael Baisden is returning to radio syndication. He used(?) to do a show for TV One, the TV arm of Radio One, the racially … Continue reading
Jon Grayson was originally doing an overnight show on KMOX in Saint Louis – CBS radio spread the show to its own stations, and then went into wider syndication by Westwood One, now owned by Cumulus Media. The main competitors … Continue reading
WXXM-FM in Sun Prairie WISCONSIN (Madison) is switching to Classic Hits. http://themic921.iheart.com/ Madison Wisconsin plans to secede from the United States and join Canada according to my Russian puppet masters.
Nasdaq has several rules that a stock must follow in order to remain listed. One of the most important is a minimum stock price of $1 per share. The Cumulus stock had been down around $.30 a share since the … Continue reading
Beasley Broadcasting bought out CBS Radio in Charlotte about a year ago, and now is acquiring Boston based Greater Media. The FCC just approved the purchase nationally, but since Beasley is already at the cap on stations in Charlotte, they … Continue reading
Most of the last 90 years, New York City radio has had a Gambling helping start their day. John R is generation three of the Gambling radio family. Most of his time was on WOR-AM, although he did move to … Continue reading
For the most part, I ignore radio ratings from month to month as I don’t trust them and think Arbitron (now Nielsen) bears a significant part of the responsibility of the decline of radio, getting people in radio chasing the … Continue reading
That’s a rate that would be over a billion a year, enough to pay for a 9 mile Light Rail extension http://www.mysanantonio.com/business/local/articleComments/IHeartMedia-s-second-quarter-loss-widens-to-9121976.php IHeart just filed lawsuits against the lenders who tried to prevent paying off bonds held by one of … Continue reading
http://talk1045.com/ Behold K283CC – started this week in Des Moines, Iowa, operated by Saga Communications, which has been very aggressive in creating “metro” FM translators. Few people listen to the sub channels on digital HD radio (HD2/3/4), but by saying … Continue reading